• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tower of Power fans

I have followed these guys since the mid-1970s, saw my first live show in 1999 and have been to probably 30 shows since. The band has announced that their longest-tenured lead singer ever, Larry Braggs, is leaving the band at the end of 2013 after 14 years as their front man. He won't be easy to replace. IMO he has the range, the stage presence and the talent that has allowed them to open their entire catalog of 45 years of performing and perform pretty much anything in it. Not all of their lead guys have been able to pull this off. Their last trip through Vegas before he leaves will be October 25-27, and they have several performances in California before the end of the year.

I'm also wondering how long Rocco will continue. He is currently on a leave of absence from the band awaiting a kidney transplant. Their last stop in Las Vegas was Rocco's last performance with the band before the surgery. He had a liver transplant a number of years ago, speculation is that the anti-rejection drugs he has had to take have taken a toll on his kidneys.

I also know that sooner or later they will tell us that it's over. They have been at this since 1968. I have no inside info on this, but my guess is that they will try to make it to 50 years, then maybe stop touring.