• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Running out of time

I'm a pretty optimistic person even in the face of near certain doom because I treat sports as entertainment rather than something to get all mopey over, but even I think that this series loss + Pujols finally going down is the official white flag. 

Fire sale is not the answer for this team though.  There's too small a window of opportunity when you factor in that every year Pujols and Hamilton are getting older (and neither is going anywhere with those contracts), our two best pitchers are getting older (and Weaver isn't going anywhere because he'll probably veto any trade attempts), and the clock keeps ticking on Trout.  Angelsjunky made a really good post a few days back about how we have to take advantage of this window in the next couple years, and I think a few tweaks rather than a complete re-tooling can get them there.  

I know it's ridiculous to hang your hat on "hope," but hoping Pujols and Hamilton can play like something resembling their former selves next year alone addresses almost all of our offensive woes.  The bullpen has actually been pretty strong for a while now, especially with the emergence of DDLR, but they'll need to find a replacement for Downs next year.  The most dire need is bolstering the starting rotation, and I think that's where most of the focus needs to be in the offseason.  

Been talking with some Dodgers fans about a potential deal. What do you guys think?

Howie Kendrick to the Dogs for Zack Lee, Ross Stripling and another (lower end top 7-12 prospect)

Dodgers need a 2nd baseman. Mark Ellis isn't going to cut it for them long term and we need pitching in the system. Lee is a stud and Stripling has been pretty damn good in only his 2nd year in the minors. 

Been talking with some Dodgers fans about a potential deal. What do you guys think?

Howie Kendrick to the Dogs for Zack Lee, Ross Stripling and another (lower end top 7-12 prospect)

Dodgers need a 2nd baseman. Mark Ellis isn't going to cut it for them long term and we need pitching in the system. Lee is a stud and Stripling has been pretty damn good in only his 2nd year in the minors. 

I'd hit that in 1 second.

Did the Dodgers fans actually suggest that? Because holy shit we need to do this right now

Good idea. Tank and get LeBron James.

Or, realize this is MLB, and you can sometimes get the guy that is second on your draft board in the middle of the first round.... AND that is little guarantee the guy will be a good major leaguer.

You keep on saying this team is fine.

You do realize the crappy record that they have?

It must be nice to have such a deep bullpen that you can be a buyer and deal a very good closer for another need.   

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/rangers-have-considered-dealing-joe-nathan.html#disqus_thread

Rangers Have Considered Dealing Joe Nathan
By Aaron Steen [July 27, 2013 at 10:50pm CST]

The Rangers have considered trading closer Joe NathanKen Rosenthal of FOXSports.comreports. The move would be aimed at taking advantage of the Rangers' deep bullpen and this year's thin relief pitching market.

With his 1.73 ERA in 41 2/3 innings this year, Nathan would immediately become the top closer on the market, Rosenthal says, placing him ahead of the Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon, who may not even be traded.

Former Royals closer Joakim Soria could step into the role for Texas, according to Rosenthal's sources, and Neftali Feliz, a former closer in his own right, is also expected to return from Tommy John surgery in about a month's time.