• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Pujols

nate

He has an .831 OPS in July despite going 2 for 15 in the first four games. I've heard people (likely more qualified than the typical AngelsWin poster) say that playing on such an injury won't make things worse.  As much as I like Kole Calhoun, I've gotta say it isn't likely that he'll post a 116 OPS+. 

Albert Pujols is not hurting this team.  

He has an .831 OPS in July despite going 2 for 15 in the first four games. I've heard people (likely more qualified than the typical AngelsWin poster) say that playing on such an injury won't make things worse.  As much as I like Kole Calhoun, I've gotta say it isn't likely that he'll post a 116 OPS+. 

Albert Pujols is not hurting this team.  

Yes he is. He is a glut on the bases due to the injury and it has been quite obvious he favors that foot in his swing. While he cant make it worse by playing, he can make it better by sitting. No way should he be playing with the Angels being 10 plus games out as August approaches. 

Yes he is. He is a glut on the bases due to the injury and it has been quite obvious he favors that foot in his swing. While he cant make it worse by playing, he can make it better by sitting. No way should he be playing with the Angels being 10 plus games out as August approaches. 

Overall, he is still not an easily replaceable player. If sitting is what helps, he'll do that in the offseason. They were within 5 1/2 games of the Wild Card briefly, before the All Star Break.  Things are obviously different now.  People wanted him to rest it in May, though.  

I too think Pujols should have the surgery.  It would give him seven months to rest/rehabilitate the foot and the knee while also giving him time to build up leg strength so he doesn't have to be an upper body hitter. 

Course, I also think that if he does, this team is finished and they might as well trade off as many valuable pieces as possible and try to bring as much young talent back as well.  Apparently, there aren't many position players out there that might be available.  Sounds like a seller's market to me. 

I read up on his injury today states it is based on BMI and carrying too much weight. So, sitting around may not be the best way to go about it either.

It's not a BMI or carrying too much weight thing. 

As for surgery, as has been stated elsewhere, surgery is not necessarily indicated and if it is now torn, it would likely eliminate surgery not call for it. 

It's not a BMI or carrying too much weight thing. 

As for surgery, as has been stated elsewhere, surgery is not necessarily indicated and if it is now torn, it would likely eliminate surgery not call for it. 

Links.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/559871

http://www.mksc.org/news_article/show/66790?referrer_id=103995

http://www.whatdoctorsknow.com/article_61_343.aspx

http://voices.yahoo.com/strategies-living-plantar-fasciitis-7334640.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15899349

I am well aware that body mass and weight can be a contributing factor, it is not however "the cause"  of the condition particularly when we're talking about athletes and not the average joe. It is also important to realize that an athlete will often have a higher BMI despite having a relatively low body fat percentage. Higher BMI in an athlete is expected and does not necessarily mean they are overweight as implied here. Since muscle weighs more than fat, it could contribute to added strain on the feet with the athlete's normal playing and conditioning activities. But the existence of PF does not indicate high BMI or body weight as the cause, particularly in athletes. 

Overall, he is still not an easily replaceable player. If sitting is what helps, he'll do that in the offseason. They were within 5 1/2 games of the Wild Card briefly, before the All Star Break.  Things are obviously different now.  People wanted him to rest it in May, though.  

0.7 fWAR in over 100 games this year.   That's pretty easily replaceable, I bet Calhoun will put up at least that this season in about half the games albert has appeared in.

Hamilton has also put up a 0.7 fWAR this season.  Do you think he isn't hurting the team, either?

0.7 fWAR in over 100 games this year.   That's pretty easily replaceable, I bet Calhoun will put up at least that this season in about half the games albert has appeared in.

Hamilton has also put up a 0.7 fWAR this season.  Do you think he isn't hurting the team, either?

His production so far this year is nothing special, but he is capable of more and nobody is a fortune teller.

What does it matter.  They'd be out of it even if Calhoun had been playing for Pujols or Hamilton the last couple months. Guaranteed. Even if you could magically pick a date where either Pujols or Hamilton weren't doing well. And you could pick the right one to sit. Very iffy that Calhoun outperforms them in a short period of time. Now, who cares.