• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols DL bound, perhaps?

I have no proof right now but a very good source. Be ready to see him in the team tomorrow.

You're just guessing/hoping. The Angels can't call Calhoun up until they put Pujlos on the DL (unless they sent someone else down). The Angels still haven't made any decision on Pujlos and they won't until Sunday.

Mike DiGiovanna â€@MikeDiGiovanna

No update on #Angels DH Albert Pujols after the game. Doubt we'll know anything concrete until Sunday.

Start checking the Bees lineup for tonight's game. Let me know if you see any Calhoun in there.

He still hasn't been called up. What Scott34 posted in the other thread is probably correct. He'll be in the Angels clubhouse in case Albert goes on the DL on Sunday. In the article about this subject, it said that it's possible he'll get a cortisone shot and only miss a few games.

Anyone care to bet a beer at Fanfest that we call up Trent Oeltjen from AAA and move Trumbo to primary 1B. You know Scioscia loves those gritty vets!

It is Dipoto who decides who gets called up or not.  So can you guys quit criticizing Sosh for who is up and who isn't!  I have been trying to ignore these post but just can't anymore.  It just shows ignorance on how a professional franchise works.

It is Dipoto who decides who gets called up or not.  So can you guys quit criticizing Sosh for who is up and who isn't!  I have been trying to ignore these post but just can't anymore.  It just shows ignorance on how a professional franchise works.

It's not a matter of who gets called up, it's who plays. We have all seen Scioscia's sad devotion to Jeff Mathis, Bobby Abreu, Vernon Wells, the list goes on. The only way to stop them from playing is to get them off the roster.

Hope he gets his foot healed up.     I want to see him come back next year and have an MVP type year.    He can do it.   He just needs to get healthy.

I would like to believe that, but we have yet to see anything that shows that he is still capable of anywhere near the numbers he put up in St. Louis.

What is the mindset of STL fans now?  Are a lot still bummed that he didn't take a 5 year deal or are most continuously rejoicing that they dodged a huge bullet?

I can't speak for all of them, obviously.  But here is a thread on the STL board on the same topic:

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=966320&sid=3ba435df83c1fd927a4ba515e7cc5462

I think there was also a 10 year deal after the 5 year deal was rejected..  I think 210 million was the number.

There's a lot who are still bitter over the whole thing, but its died down a lot.    In the long run, he will always beloved in St. Louis, by most of us.  And he still does so much good and positive things for the community. 

I come around and follow the Angels so I can keep up with him, and wish him the best.    When he was a Cardinal, he was the best player of our generation.    I hope you guys get to see some of that too.  

He had a spectacular 11 years in STL, no denying it.   The Cards did dodge a bullet by not overpaying for his later years.   I think most Cards fans see that now.    

The Cards build their organization in the farm system, first and foremost.    They get a piece here and there from outside when there is a need (Matt Holliday, Carlos Beltran).    They keep core players who came up when its reasonable and benefical (Molina, Wainwright).      They are a mid-market team, so keeping Albert for 10 years at his price would not have worked to our advantage.    The FO gets a lot of respect from the fans, because they (usually) make good moves.     They look like geniuses to the fanbase right now by letting Albert walk, but how would they have looked if he accepted it?   Who knows.

It's not a matter of who gets called up, it's who plays. We have all seen Scioscia's sad devotion to Jeff Mathis, Bobby Abreu, Vernon Wells, the list goes on. The only way to stop them from playing is to get them off the roster.

Vegas you're smarter than this ... You don't really believe that crap.

I liked them since they had guys like Eckstein, Edmonds, Kennedy, Speez after their tenure's with the Halos. They were a bit like the NL version of the Halos during that time with those guys

Still don't have a problem with that franchise. Wish the Halos were ran as well as they are. Great major league ballclub with one of the top 3 farm systems in MLB. They develop great talent and lock up that great talent to some really good contracts. The Yady and Craig extensions were excellent

I liked them since they had guys like Eckstein, Edmonds, Kennedy, Speez after their tenure's with the Halos. They were a bit like the NL version of the Halos during that time with those guys

Still don't have a problem with that franchise. Wish the Halos were ran as well as they are. Great major league ballclub with one of the top 3 farm systems in MLB. They develop great talent and lock up that great talent to some really good contracts. The Yady and Craig extensions were excellent

Hope could you forget Jeff Weaver? He led them to winning the World Series after he was released by the Angels. 

Jimmy Baseball!!

Truly one of my favorite Cardinals of all time.  He's usually in Florida with the team for Spring Training.   He's actually a commentator on Fox Sports Midwest now doing the post game stuff.   I don't get to see it since I live in Las Vegas and haven't lived in STL in many years.    But I hear he's a better ball player than TV personality.    He has a restuarant in STL too.. 

But yes, Yadi and Craig extensions were happy moments for this fan.    And the amount of young pitchers coming up thru the system is scary good!  

Oh, really? He's injured? (Sarcastic) Nooooo!

What was the tip off? When he couldn't run, and barely jog?

I appreciate Albert's grit in wanting to play injured, but when it comes up in the first month of the season, you force him to go on the DL.

And that is a wrap for the 2013 season.

@MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels DH Albert Pujols to DL with partial tear of the left plantar fascia. Kole Calhoun recalled from triple-A Salt Lake.

@MikeDiGiovanna: No immediate word on how #Angels DH Albert Pujols' plantar fascia tear will be treated, but it appears he will be out for several weeks.

Oh, really? He's injured? (Sarcastic) Nooooo!

What was the tip off? When he couldn't run, and barely jog?

I appreciate Albert's grit in wanting to play injured, but when it comes up in the first month of the season, you force him to go on the DL.

Forcing him the to DL at the start of the season would have cured nothing.