• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols DL bound, perhaps?

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 11m

#Angels DH Albert Pujols has returned to SoCal to be evaluated. Re-injured L foot Fri night. Doesn't look good. Out for a while.

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 1m

My take on Pujols from covering Scioscia for many years. By way #Angels MGR spoke today, Albert appears headed for DL.

I hope this is the case. Season is lost, time to let him get surgery or do whatever to help get this thing fixed for next year.

I could see that happening. The DH spot will be open which will allow Calhoun to play regularly in the OF when Bourjos comes back. Hamilton will see a lot more DH time.

If Pujols is on the DL for a good length of time, then Calhoun should be his replacement.  The guy can play the OF (was playing CF the other night) and 1B and is potentially an ideal top of the order hitter.

He may well flame out but if you are batting .354/.431/1.047 you deserve a chance to succeed or fail.

I just hope Mike just pull some platoon BS with him...he destroys lefties (.439/.507/1.227!).  No Cowgill unless it's in place of Shuck...Kole needs a legit shot