• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Diego mayor sexually harasses women but doesn't step down

Yup, I have heard about it and he needs to resign now. When seven women accuse you of harassment, something is wrong. As to why he isn't, it's probably because this job was to cap his career after his two decades in Congress. The amazing thing is that he has probably been a creep for a long time so where are the stories of his days in Congress? 

Yup, I have heard about it and he needs to resign now. When seven women accuse you of harassment, something is wrong. As to why he isn't, it's probably because this job was to cap his career after his two decades in Congress. The amazing thing is that he has probably been a creep for a long time so where are the stories of his days in Congress?

Yeah, I don't see how he accomplishes much with this stigma.

He won't be able to do anything, local and national party said he should step down and no one is going to want to be seen with Filner. San Diego PD has had to set up a hotline just for the mayor. Shows how complex people are, dude was a Freedom Rider and yet still wants to play grabass with women at the age of 70. He just needs to go away.

This is typical Republican behavior. Disgusting.

...and yes, I know he's a Democrat.

Neither party has cornered the market on degenerates.

We had a judge here (female) who basically used her bailiffs as servants. She had them rub her back, rub her feet and run various errands for her. She married a guy with a criminal record who wound up doing time for whacking her in the head with a frying pan during one of their many arguments. Given the chance, I believe that some of her bailiffs might have wanted a shot at that.

When you have some time, look up Judge Elizabeth Halverson and see what comes back. Gotta love Las Vegas politics.

I'm not creative enough to make up things as good as what actually happens.

Neither party has cornered the market on degenerates.

We had a judge here (female) who basically used her bailiffs as servants. She had them rub her back, rub her feet and run various errands for her. She married a guy with a criminal record who wound up doing time for whacking her in the head with a frying pan during one of their many arguments. Given the chance, I believe that some of her bailiffs might have wanted a shot at that.

When you have some time, look up Judge Elizabeth Halverson and see what comes back. Gotta love Las Vegas politics voters.

I'm not creative enough to make up things as good as what actually happens.

Fixed.

Thanks, Vernster.

Another gem that my fellow voters sent to office (I can't take credit/blame for this one because I don't live in his district): Assemblyman Steven Brooks from North Las Vegas. He threatened to kill the Speaker of the Assembly, tried to buy a rifle in a sporting goods store in Reno (about 50 miles from Carson City, the state capital), was caught trying to sneak into the Capitol by security, then within hours of being expelled from the Assembly by his colleagues, was arrested by the Barstow PD along I-15. They had to use a K-9 unit and tasers on him to subdue him. If memory serves, he got almost 70 percent of the vote in a racially diverse district.

I love how everyone is so quick to go to counseling to prove to the world that they are trying to change.  Wide receiver for the Eagles who used the N-word is doing the same thing.  Do you really need a PhD to tell you that using the N-word is insensitive, or, in this case, that you can't sexually assault women?  Also, LOL at Ariel Castro for pulling the "I was a slave to sex" card.  Everybody's a victim. 

By the way, I don't know what's more sad, the fact that people like this exist, or the fact that the media covers stories that, for all intents and purposes, couldn't be less newsworthy.  For example, on my lunch break the other day, watching CNN, I got about a twenty second snippet about Bradley Manning--a very serious case that could have dramatic implications down the line for all of us--and then Wolf Blitzer goes on some tirade about Ariel Castro for twenty minutes.  The idiot box still can't get enough of Trayvon Martin.  I know it's a sad story, but that doesn't make it newsworthy--especially not front page newsworthy for a month at a time when the government should be being exposed for illegally spying on its citizens. 

Or maybe that's the point.  Maybe the government dictates to the media, and the whole objective for airing these ridiculous court cases is to distract us.  It sure would make sense judging from the conversations that I hear around the office.   

• 2 weeks later...

"A great-grandmother came out and accused him today.

To my absolute SHOCK, Gloria Allred was at her side for the press conference."

Yeah I think she is 67 (now) Filner is 70 so makes sense he would make a pass at her, being a younger woman and all :P(even though she ain't much to look at). He's delusional if he thinks women of any age are flattered by his "attentions". :rolleyes:

This guy should be shot if he doesn't step down. Literally. He is failing the people he is supposed to serve and is too selfish to step down.

How does San Diego not have a mechanism for removing him? No impeachment-like right for the city council? No way to recall him?