• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB 13 The Show

Bought it this morning.  Immediately simulated three separate seasons to see who would win the AL West.

1st season:  A's

2nd season: Angels

3rd season: Rangers

(The Astros finished each season with 114-115 losses; the M's won around 73-75 each season)

I noticed that Vernon Wells was given about 500 AB's each season....

The gameplay is really really good this year...not that last year's was bad.  But, there's a noticeable difference.  The presentation is fantastic.  Can't wait to play more!  If you bought the game, let us know what you think of it!

I really want to get this game. I desperately wish this was part of the Cross-Buy promotion with Vita. I played MLB 12: The Show on the Vita just about every other day still until today. Might just pick up the PS3 version today or tomorrow and keep playing my MLB 12 on the Vita until I decide to finally update that.

LOL at Harper being featured during the game intro but not Trout.

Typical.

I thought the exact same thing.  Made no sense.

Yes, Hamilton is on the Angels...there was a roster download current through March 3rd.  Not sure if he was on the disc straight out of the box.

Got to play 1 game so far.  Smooth as butter.  I played the opening day game against the Reds with Chapman pitching.  Damn his pitches r fast!  Gameplay was great.  So far my only complaints are having to wait for them to round the bases to see their dang homeruns.  Is there a quicker way to view them besides replay?

Alright, every year I see posts about this game I'm very intrigued. I don't have a gaming system to keep myself productive. I've considered getting a xBox to play the moving/excercising type games. Does this game appear on that platform or maybe on my pc? Just wondered

I just got called up to the majors in road to the show. 

I was drafted by the Tigers, but got traded to the Nationals. I got called up like 3 weeks later after the trade. Can't wait to be a free agent so I can join the Angels.  ;)

I tend to play in Manager-only mode.  Simply because I want the players to play like themselves instead of me hitting the swing button.  It's not for everyone.  But, I sure enjoy it.  By the way, if you have this game, search for my roster set in the Vault.  It's titled, "ONLY1UNEED".  I went to Fangraphs and used there plate discipline numbers to create their Vision and Discipline ratings.  I can't believe the difference it has made in the gameplay.  I haven't touched the sliders.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

(Some of the players, namely the superstars, have very high discipline ratings...my roster set keeps them superstars, but at least you can get them to swing outside the strikezone now.  I really is a good roster set, download today!!!)

It's hilarious to me that a first year player who practically snagged MVP from an inferior defender who was a popularly acclaimed and seasoned veteran, misses a chance at a clip in a baseball video game because of...an inferior player and baseball politics?!?

It's this kind of crap, MLB...

Alright, every year I see posts about this game I'm very intrigued. I don't have a gaming system to keep myself productive. I've considered getting a xBox to play the moving/excercising type games. Does this game appear on that platform or maybe on my pc? Just wondered

I know quite little about the theory of consoles and other games, but I would say from past experience playing this on the PS3 gives you optimal performance above and beyond anything else available in the video game market.