• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Pujols determined to play through foot pain

Does Albert honestly believe the Angels have a shot this year?

They do have a shot.   As long as they haven't been eliminated they have a shot.  He was on a team in 2011 that on Aug 24 was 10 games out of the division and 10.5 games back from the Wild Card, and went on to win the World Series. 

I'm not saying its likely, but crazier things have happened.  Its not hopeless until they are mathematically eliminated. 

They do have a shot.   As long as they haven't been eliminated they have a shot.  He was on a team in 2011 that on Aug 24 was 10 games out of the division and 10.5 games back from the Wild Card, and went on to win the World Series. 

I'm not saying its likely, but crazier things have happened.  Its not hopeless until they are mathematically eliminated. 

Obviously have not watched the past 3 going on 4 seasons...

Surgery carries the risk of nerve injury, infection, rupture of the plantar fascia, and failure to improve the pain.[17] Traditional surgical procedures, such as plantar fascia release, are a last resort, and often lead to further complications such as a lowering of the arch and pain in the supero-lateral side of the foot due to compression of the cuboid bone.[citation needed] This will allow decompression of the nearby FDB muscle belly that is inflamed, yet does not fix the underlying problem.[citation needed] This allows more space for the inflamed muscle belly, thus, relieving pain/pressure.[18] An ultrasound-guided needle fasciotomy can be used as a minimally invasive surgical intervention for plantar fasciitis. A needle is inserted into the plantar fascia and moved back and forwards to disrupt the fibrous tissue.[19]

Wikipedia.com

Pujols has been dealing with this going on ten years.now. Doesn't seem like he wants to get surgery anytime soon.

They do have a shot. As long as they haven't been eliminated they have a shot. He was on a team in 2011 that on Aug 24 was 10 games out of the division and 10.5 games back from the Wild Card, and went on to win the World Series.

I'm not saying its likely, but crazier things have happened. Its not hopeless until they are mathematically eliminated.

Good post.

As Angels fans we should know this anyway if you went through 1995. Even the A's last year are a reason for optimism.

Not saying it's going to happen, but being pessimistic and dismissive is a bad idea considering it's been done quite a few times in history.

Good post.

As Angels fans we should know this anyway if you went through 1995. Even the A's last year are a reason for optimism.

Not saying it's going to happen, but being pessimistic and dismissive is a bad idea considering it's been done quite a few times in history.[/quote

This is why Pujols needs to play!

He's been on fire since coming back from the AS break.    Lets hope he can keep it up.

With all due respect, hitting singles isn't "on fire" unless you're a ping hitter with no power. Pujols was brought here to drive in runs, not advance runners or start rallies.

I admire Albert's guile and his willingness to gut this out. That said, it's hurting the team. I am very familiar with plantar fasciitis and how it affects people who don't play professional sports. I have had it twice myself, and it is agony to even walk. He needs time out of the lineup to heal up. Playing a professional sport night in and night out leaves no opportunity for healing and no chance for improvement.

my recommendation would be that they shut down Pujols for the season and get the surgery done so he can be at 100% and ready to go by the end of ST 2014.

this season is done.

get Garrett Richards and some other AAA or perhaps AA rotation prospect in the rotation now to get some MLB starts/ innings in and build arm strength.

it's time to consider the rest of 2013 as an extended ST for 2014.  Let's face the music of reality here, folks.

With all due respect, hitting singles isn't "on fire" unless you're a ping hitter with no power. Pujols was brought here to drive in runs, not advance runners or start rallies.

I admire Albert's guile and his willingness to gut this out. That said, it's hurting the team. I am very familiar with plantar fasciitis and how it affects people who don't play professional sports. I have had it twice myself, and it is agony to even walk. He needs time out of the lineup to heal up. Playing a professional sport night in and night out leaves no opportunity for healing and no chance for improvement.

Hey, fellow 702er.

His stats as far as driving in runs, 17 HR/64 RBIs is nothing to scoff at.    Its his average that is down.     But his HR/RBI numbers are not that far off pace for what we would expect him to do at this point in his career.   If he wasn't about to go on the DL, he'd probably end up with around 30 HR/ 100 RBI.

I do agree he needs to let his foot heal, and it looks like that may be what will happen now.  But I don't believe he is hurting the team.   Should he be batting 3rd?  No.

Hey, fellow 702er.

His stats as far as driving in runs, 17 HR/64 RBIs is nothing to scoff at. Its his average that is down. But his HR/RBI numbers are not that far off pace for what we would expect him to do at this point in his career. If he wasn't about to go on the DL, he'd probably end up with around 30 HR/ 100 RBI.

I do agree he needs to let his foot heal, and it looks like that may be what will happen now. But I don't believe he is hurting the team. Should he be batting 3rd? No.

Nice post