• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another song thread - songs that always give you chills

This was inspired by HH mentioning Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah" in the covers thread.  That and Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" are obvious choices.  I present one not many people will know, from one of the dude's in King's X - a song about divorce.  

Probably my favorite song. The entire song gets me but especially the "Look away down Gower Avenue" part at the end.

And for something a little more metal (this one's for you nate):

More specifically from 6 minutes on.

Incidentally, I was watching a clip from a Springsteen concert from earlier this year or late last year.  It was around the time of the death of Levon Helm, drummer/singer from The Band, and Springsteen began to sing The Band's song "The Weight".  Totally got chills as one can clearly hear 10-15,000 (that's a rough estimate) people begin to sing an entire song (not just the chorus) of a band they didn't come to see as a tribute to Levon Helm.  It was pretty cool.  I can't think of any song that gives me chills each time I hear it, but there have been plenty of songs that have given me chills but it's more about the moment that I'm hearing the song combined with the song.