• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon Wood Has Been Released By The O's

Former top prospect Brandon Wood has been released by the Orioles, according to Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com (Twitter link). Wood, 28, was ranked as a Top 10 prospect according to Baseball America prior to the 2006 and 2007 seasons. However, his prodigious power never carried over to the Majors, and strikeouts were a serious problem. In 751 Major League plate appearances, Wood hit just .186/.225/.289, and his .215/.250/.309 batting line in 198 Triple-A plate appearances this season wasn't much better. Wood hasn't appeared in the bigs since 2011.

It's sad that he didn't even have a short career as a utility player.

You're welcome Brandon.

signed,

Mickey

You guys are hilarious thinking that a hitting coach can turn anyone a great hitter.  Wood could not hit the slider low and away.  He never could adjust.  Wood is one of hundreds of AAAA players that couldn't make it in the bigs.

You guys are hilarious thinking that a hitting coach can turn anyone a great hitter.  Wood could not hit the slider low and away.  He never could adjust.  Wood is one of hundreds of AAAA players that couldn't make it in the bigs.

Hmmm...couldn't hit the slider low and away...

Where else have I seen that?

I was never a fan of Mr. Hatcher, but I have to agree with your assessment Bruce. Unfortunately Brandon just didn't have major league talent. He was unable to stick with the Pirates or Orioles, and his stats at AAA were very poor. He was a better fielder than a hitter, and I know he got ahold of a couple of pitches and hit them a mile, he was said to have very strong wrists. He just couldn't hit breaking balls, and simply is overmatched by major league pitching