• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Not About MLB revising Top 100 & Angel Top 20

I hope the Angels trade Zach for another prospect or in a package for a major leaguer then Zach fails miserably. Mainly because his brother is a douche. With all due respect.

Ouch.  It seems like he is just being an advocate for his brother.  Granted, the digs at Cron weren't necessary, but IMO he does have some good points that Borenstein is being underrated.  Ultimately, we will all find out as he moves up the chain.

I make the comp for Nava because I remember watching him in Chico and wondering how he wasn't in professional baseball.  I also make the comp because both players play above their respective skill sets.  Gritty gamers that just show up to play day in and day out.  I also make the comparison because Nava is a Major Leaguer, left-handed and has similar build to Borenstein.  Your brother Zach, and anyone for that matter should be rather pleased in being compared to Nava, who has carved out an every day role in the big leagues on a playoff caliber team.  Really no reason to take offense.  

I'm just sick of your shit on here. You come on here insult the Angels and their decision making. You act like scouts have no idea what they are doing. If you want your brother to get the respect he deserves in your mind, then have him continue to do what he is doing. You probably should go spend more time on 29 other message boards and insult those teams for not even drafting him. Forgive us all if we don't automatically agree with your position on things, especially when you are only giving your brother these kinds of props. Now if you would have come on here and talked about how great your brother was without shitting on everyone else including people that post on this board then we could have all enjoyed his ride together. We had a players father on here last season named Charles Hall, he was amazing and instantly had all of our respect because he didn't act like a know it all pompous asshole. He spoke respectfully and he seemed grateful. You on the other hand seem like your brother has been wronged. Let's just hope he doesn't have that same outlook on life, because if he does, he will be a miserable person that more than likely won't be as successful as he could have been.

I'm just sick of your shit on here. You come on here insult the Angels and their decision making. You act like scouts have no idea what they are doing. If you want your brother to get the respect he deserves in your mind, then have him continue to do what he is doing. You probably should go spend more time on 29 other message boards and insult those teams for not even drafting him. Forgive us all if we don't automatically agree with your position on things, especially when you are only giving your brother these kinds of props. Now if you would have come on here and talked about how great your brother was without shitting on everyone else including people that post on this board then we could have all enjoyed his ride together. We had a players father on here last season named Charles Hall, he was amazing and instantly had all of our respect because he didn't act like a know it all pompous asshole. He spoke respectfully and he seemed grateful. You on the other hand seem like your brother has been wronged. Let's just hope he doesn't have that same outlook on life, because if he does, he will be a miserable person that more than likely won't be as successful as he could have been.

So it's not permitted or socially acceptable to question the Angels' decision making? Check. Nor is it permitted to question scouts' judgment? Check.

I haven't only given my brother props. If you took the time to read some of my posts instead of selectively reading, you would see that I've had nothing but praise for Stamets, Yarbrough, and Snyder. I believe Snyder is also getting screwed over by the organization for not being included in their top 20 prospects and have said as much.

I defend my brother, maybe to a fault, but there you have it. I'm not going to pretend that everything is hunky-dory or be gracious when all I hear from everyone is how great Cron and Grichuk are and how my brother is a few pegs below them when I firmly believe with every fiber of my being that that could not be further from the truth. Yeah, I guess I rub people the wrong way. You especially, evidently. I only say what I believe to be true.

Frazier Hall was one of Zach's teammates last year. I was sad to hear he's out of baseball. However, what does it tell you about an organization when a guy who is out of baseball now started last season ahead of Zach in Cedar Rapids? Yes, don't ever question the Angels' decision-making. Check...mate.

What does it tell me about the Angels that someone started ahead of your brother? It tells me that they valued his skill set over your brother. Then they traded Frazier and your brother has had a chance. You think Snyder is getting screwed over by the Angels because he isn't on the Angels top 20 prospect list? Do teams really have top 20 prospects lists? I thought that was something publications like BA came up with. I don't think I have ever read an official Angels Baseball Top 20 Prospect list. Can you forward me that link? You can say what you believe to be true without shitting on others, plain and simple. You may not know how, but I promise you it is possible. Its called humility and it is incredibly important in life. I don't know anything about you or your brother, but I do know that baseball teams gain absolutely nothing by purposely wronging players in their own organizations. I honestly hope to god he is as good as you think he is, because this organization can use as much talent as possible.

Here are five probable hall-of-famers that were drafted well below where their major-league performance would suggest.  It is likely that each of these players, as well as countless others, had to fight to change perception of their "skill-set", value to the organization, and overtake several prospects that may have been in the system longer or drafted in a higher round with higher expectations.  It's all about how the player prepares, adjusts, and grows.  Keeping a positive attitude, as well as having some humility and lacking in arrogance or sense of entitlement, are all likely key components as well. 

Mike Piazza-61st round

Jim Thome-13th round

Albert Pujols-13th round (incidentally, taken right after Alberto Callaspo)

Jorge Posada-24th round
John Smoltz-22nd round

Incidentally, I absolutely loved following Frazier Hall's growth and journey in our minor league system through the updates from his father, Charles.  He was included in a trade last season.  I didn't realize that he was out of baseball, as was related earlier in this thread.  Although he had no control over his inclusion in that trade, I'm sure he looked at it as an opportunity to enhance his prospects of making a major league roster.  Sometimes trades don't have the end effect that one hopes.

Incidentally, I absolutely loved following Frazier Hall's growth and journey in our minor league system through the updates from his father, Charles.  He was included in a trade last season.  I didn't realize that he was out of baseball, as was related earlier in this thread.  Although he had no control over his inclusion in that trade, I'm sure he looked at it as an opportunity to enhance his prospects of making a major league roster.  Sometimes trades don't have the end effect that one hopes.

Pretty sure he was traded for Barry Enright.

Last I read, he was playing indy ball somewhere.

Toby, take a breather and come back. Don't let one bad interaction sour you on this place - its generally good people, a strong community united by love of the Angels (for better or worse!). There are even a few non-Angels fans that hang around and are welcome (as long as they don't talk smack too much).

Toby, take a breather and come back. Don't let one bad interaction sour you on this place - its generally good people, a strong community united by love of the Angels (for better or worse!). There are even a few non-Angels fans that hang around and are welcome (as long as they don't talk smack too much).

Geesus...  Have you read his posts???  He's been the one creating the animosity.

It's not about taking a breather or one bad interaction, it's about treating others as he demands he be treated.   Nobody disparaged his brother, some people had the gall to like other prospects more than they do Zach and he took that as some sort of personal attack -- it was ridiculous.  Best of all he preaches having an open mind and touted the message board being a conduit for people sharing opinions but whenever someone offered an opinion that differed with his he went on the attack, then always defended his piss poor behavior by referring to himself as being someone who didn't ever feel the need to turn the other cheek and prided himself for not having a filter..  The problem is he feels he's above showing people the common courtesy he feels he's entitled to.....  a classic example of someone suffering from Special Snowflake Syndrome,   http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Special%20Snowflake%20Syndrome  Anyone who doesn't fall in line with his opinions is met with derision, condescending BS, and inflammatory remarks but should that person then respond in kind -- well, Shit Howdy -- THEY are the problem..   

To a man I don't think anyone thinks Zach isn't a prospect or isn't happy to have him in the organization, but that isn't enough..  We all seemingly need to treat the guy like hes the second coming of Mike Trout only with a bit more upside.  Those who don't fawn over him are met with the wrath of the stage mom.  

Geesus...  Have you read his posts???  He's been the one creating the animosity.

It's not about taking a breather or one bad interaction, it's about treating others as he demands he be treated.   Nobody disparaged his brother, some people had the gall to like other prospects more than they do Zach and he took that as some sort of personal attack -- it was ridiculous.  Best of all he preaches having an open mind and touted the message board being a conduit for people sharing opinions but whenever someone offered an opinion that differed with his he went on the attack, then always defended his piss poor behavior by referring to himself as being someone who didn't ever feel the need to turn the other cheek and prided himself for not having a filter..  The problem is he feels he's above showing people the common courtesy he feels he's entitled to.....  a classic example of someone suffering from Special Snowflake Syndrome,   http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Special%20Snowflake%20Syndrome  Anyone who doesn't fall in line with his opinions is met with derision, condescending BS, and inflammatory remarks but should that person then respond in kind -- well, Shit Howdy -- THEY are the problem..   

To a man I don't think anyone thinks Zach isn't a prospect or isn't happy to have him in the organization, but that isn't enough..  We all seemingly need to treat the guy like hes the second coming of Mike Trout only with a bit more upside.  Those who don't fawn over him are met with the wrath of the stage mom.  

I prefer "insufferable asshole syndrome", but that's just me.  If I was Borenstein and my brother was pulling this type of crap on one of the primary forums of my professional team, I would be unbelievably embarrassed. 

I'm pretty sure if Zach knew his brother was trolling this website he'd be pretty upset. 

I've never seen such an outrage and I've communicated back and forth via PM's and emails (And on the board) with the father of many Angels prospects over the years. 

Our interview with Zach