• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite cover song?

Buckley's cover of Hallelujah is the best version of the song, but I feel like Leonard Cohen doesn't get enough credit for his original. For that matter, Cohen really doesn't get the fame and credit he deserves for being such an amazing song writer. My personal favorite of his being "The Partisan." 

Knockin' On Heaven's Door- G n' R  (original Bob Dylan)

Live and Let Die - G n' R (original Sir Paul McCartney)

Nothing Compares To You - Sinead O'Connor (original Prince)

Respect - Aretha Franklin  (original Otis Redding)

I Heard It Through The Grapevine - CCR (original Marvin Gaye)

Me and Bobby McGee -Janis Joplin (original Kris Kristoferson)

Blue Suede Shoes - Elvis  (original Carl Perkins)

Crossroads - Cream (original Robert Johnson?)

Little Wing - Sting, and also Stevie Ray Vaughn version (original Jimi Hendrix)

Without a doubt.  When you see the way Johhny looks at his wife...wow.  I get tears.  

As for cover songs: Manfred Mann wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBifX0H3yg

For comparison's sake, the original:

I actually think this is the worst cover song ever. I've always hated the Manfred Mann version of Blinded by the Light. When I was a kid I had never heard the Springsteen version and just thought the song was bad. The first time I heard the original I was blown away by the passion Springsteen had in his voice and I have been a huge fan of his ever since.

Props to Eric for mentioning Joe Cocker.

I actually think this is the worst cover song ever. I've always hated the Manfred Mann version of Blinded by the Light. When I was a kid I had never heard the Springsteen version and just thought the song was bad. The first time I heard the original I was blown away by the passion Springsteen had in his voice and I have been a huge fan of his ever since.

Props to Eric for mentioning Joe Cocker.

This may be the most wrong thing I've ever read on the internet.  Except for the Joe Cocker mention.

Not talking random great punk and hardcore covers. My two favorites have got to be:

RAGE covering Springsteen's "The Ghost of Tom Joad"

The Animals covering Dylan's cover of Dave Van Ronk's cover of Woody Guthrie's cover of Leadbelly's cover, etc. of "House of the Rising Sun"

Yeah, "House of the Rising Sun,"  is possibly one of the greatest covers ever. 

Not talking random great punk and hardcore covers. My two favorites have got to be:

RAGE covering Springsteen's "The Ghost of Tom Joad"

The Animals covering Dylan's cover of Dave Van Ronk's cover of Woody Guthrie's cover of Leadbelly's cover, etc. of "House of the Rising Sun"

Here's another

I haven't been able to find an original on Trojan other than ones that are way too much from the UK.

Plus I try to steer clear of buying stuff from Europe on eBay.

Yeah I have the trojan "SH Moonstomp"... which is actually a reissue from 1980. Got a little ahead of myself. Friend gave it to me about 15 years ago when he was fried on drugs. That's one of those touch black no trade back type of deals.