• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite cover song?

The video for Hurt, I think, is one of the best music videos ever made.

OT Johnny Cash story I heard recently.  Rick Rubin produced all of his American recordings and at one point Cash brought him a tape of songs for one of the albums and asked him what he though.  Rubin told him it was good but he should work on using less "Me" and "I" in the songs to make them easier to identify with.  A decade later Rubin visited with Cash when he was really sick and Rubin asked him what he has been doing and Cash replied "I am working on using Me and I less."  Rubin had a bit of a puzzled look and then Cash explained to him that he had said that years ago about one of his albums and now he was using it in life.

Rick Rubin is an awesome story teller and a fascinating person.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the most obvious: Jimmy Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower. Others I would include:

Hallelujah  - Jeff Buckley

Twist & Shout - The Beatles

The Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana (MTV live)

Something in the Air - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Buckley was genius with Hallelujah. Love his cover of I Shall Be Released. too.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the most obvious: Jimmy Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower. Others I would include:

Man oh man, I forgot about that.  This song is right up there with Johnny Cash doing "Hurt."  I think it's one of the most beautiful things ever recorded.  

Twist & Shout - The Beatles

The Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana (MTV live)

Something in the Air - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Nice list HH. Well done.