• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ted Lilly DFA'd by Dogs

Ted Lilly was designated for assignment/ released today by the Dodgers........

Just read in this week's LA Times that Lilly was going to move to the pen as a long relief guy.........I guess that didn't go over well or last long.

Lilly's been hurt and has some endurance issues coming back so pen duty as a pre-set up guy might make sense but not when he pulls a Kazmir type attitude and doesn't want to learn new pitching tricks/ role.

Lilly with the Cubs and then with the Dogs had decent stats, hard thrower, seemed to be among the top guys in K's when healthy and pitched a full season.

Dogs owe him $5 million........some team can pick Lilly up for the minor league minimum.........I think he's worth a flyer (at the risk of being ridiculed for picking up Dodger rejects - the most recent Dodger rotation reject -- Blanton -- worked well for us!! LOL!) but only if he's willing to accept a middle inning relief role which he probably isn't..........

don't understand these guys unwilling to accept different role (middle relief).....a guy like Lilly (if arm is back, he's been a strike out pitcher) could do well and extend his career in that role........oh well.

I think he's worth a flyer (at the risk of being ridiculed for picking up Dodger rejects - the most recent Dodger rotation reject -- Blanton -- worked well for us!! LOL!)

Blanton may be recent, but let's not forget about Lowe. Terrible move IMO.

I will expect it to happen before the 31st. 

Ted Lilly was designated for assignment/ released today by the Dodgers........

Just read in this week's LA Times that Lilly was going to move to the pen as a long relief guy.........I guess that didn't go over well or last long.

Lilly's been hurt and has some endurance issues coming back so pen duty as a pre-set up guy might make sense but not when he pulls a Kazmir type attitude and doesn't want to learn new pitching tricks/ role.

Lilly with the Cubs and then with the Dogs had decent stats, hard thrower, seemed to be among the top guys in K's when healthy and pitched a full season.

Dogs owe him $5 million........some team can pick Lilly up for the minor league minimum.........I think he's worth a flyer (at the risk of being ridiculed for picking up Dodger rejects - the most recent Dodger rotation reject -- Blanton -- worked well for us!! LOL!) but only if he's willing to accept a middle inning relief role which he probably isn't..........

don't understand these guys unwilling to accept different role (middle relief).....a guy like Lilly (if arm is back, he's been a strike out pitcher) could do well and extend his career in that role........oh well.

Oh, hell no!

everyone remember the Speizio incident except me -- MY BAD.

but some team will pick Lilly up -- the Dogs owe him money -- so team can get his for the MLB minimum -- and then invite him to ST next year.

Worth a flyer to someone -- apparently not us because the Halos are so solid in their rotation right now (LOL!).

I like the straight up for Blanton idea, though!