• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Well this might be the most confusing thing Scioscia has ever said

jshep

`

I was just going to post that in the gameday thread. It's very amusing.

Mike Scioscia, on Joe Blanton‘s role in the bullpen: “There’s no doubt we all feel Joe needed to be taken off that treadmill, he was banging into a wall, and maybe just exhale a little bit. If he throws strikes and has the ability to get strikeouts with his other pitches, we’ll see how his stuff plays out in the bullpen. … We’ll let the flow tell us what his best role would be.”

Mike Scioscia, on Joe Blanton‘s role in the bullpen: “There’s no doubt we all feel Joe needed to be taken off that treadmill, he was banging into a wall, and maybe just exhale a little bit. If he throws strikes and has the ability to get strikeouts with his other pitches, we’ll see how his stuff plays out in the bullpen. … We’ll let the flow tell us what his best role would be.”

We’ll let the flow tell us what his best role would be.”

Translation: We (Me and Butchy, who is the hardest working guy in baseball, next to Hatchy)

Have absolutely no clue what to do now, or what we were doing in the first place.

It is a long season, we can just go with the flow, turn a few pages, and then we will count the flies in the ointment.

What was the question again?

LOL   Guess what guys? Want to 'predict' where you will see this material show up from time to time?

well , what else does Sosh or any manager say in this situation?

"oh, yeah, the big rotation help we got in the off-season for $15 million over two seasons, that guy, half way through season one, he sucks!"

nah, don't think so.

so Sosh pulls out the Casey Stengel phrasing and talks gibberish.

I'm thinking this has to do with Scioscia's traumatic treadmill experiences with the Dodgers.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0509-dwyre-20130509,0,3721698.column

The joy of the game has never left, even as he looks at it now through the eyes of an outsider. Asked for some stories, Hatcher produces as he did in '88.

"I came up with Scioscia," he says. "One spring, the Dodgers got worried about his weight. Al Campanis sends this treadmill to camp with a meter on it. Mike was supposed to do so many miles on it. One day, I hear this noise from the training room. I open the door and there's this little guy from the Dominican, running like crazy on the treadmill. Next to him, asleep on the couch, was Scioscia, shirt off and an empty pizza box on his stomach."

When they showed Blanton sitting in the bullpen during the game, I actually felt kind of bad for him. That must be humbling, to say the least. Hopefully, his ridiculously large paycheck will help ease the pain.

"Time wounds all heals."-John Lennon (another rich guy)

I'm thinking this has to do with Scioscia's traumatic treadmill experiences with the Dodgers.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0509-dwyre-20130509,0,3721698.column

The joy of the game has never left, even as he looks at it now through the eyes of an outsider. Asked for some stories, Hatcher produces as he did in '88.

"I came up with Scioscia," he says. "One spring, the Dodgers got worried about his weight. Al Campanis sends this treadmill to camp with a meter on it. Mike was supposed to do so many miles on it. One day, I hear this noise from the training room. I open the door and there's this little guy from the Dominican, running like crazy on the treadmill. Next to him, asleep on the couch, was Scioscia, shirt off and an empty pizza box on his stomach."

Did this help or hurt his squat and CERA. Jeff Mathis demands answers.

If I read this correctly, Mike is using his treadmill all wrong, which explains a lot.

Also, Butcher will be giving Blanton breathing lessons in the bullpen while he attempts to throw strikes (other players can’t hit really hard) with his other pitches. I’m assuming these other pitches are new? I don’t know about you all, I'm excited to see these new pitches.

Other than not being sure what Mike meant by flow, the rest makes perfect sense to me.