• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbo and Downs on the block

kevinb

Apparently, DiPoto is his roommate and told him he's on the block............

I just don't see Trumbo being traded at deadline time........he is a young player still under club control.

If the Halos were to trade Trumbo during the off-season as some sort of package deal, I would hope we would get a quality starter, rotation guy, in return.

Perhaps we could also throw in Blanton and at least half of his contract in on any deal........

The longer we hold onto the guy the more his value will drop. Same with Bourjos. They just aren't very good ML.

Bourjos not a good ML?

2011:  5.1 WAR

2013:  40 games .333/.392/.457

At the very least you could say he hasn't proven himself to be a star player, but so far I'd have say he is at least a "good" ML

yah.  I don't think we know what Bourjos is yet.  4-5WAR CFers are pretty legit though.  At this point, he proved to more likely be really good with the 2012 season being the aberration. 

Trumbo is a 2-2.5 WAR 1b/DH/corner OFer with really only one dimension.  He might bump to being a 3-4 WAR guy at best, but Bourjos has more value. 

As AJ has mentioned in other threads, Trumbo likely has more value on the trade market than he does to the team while someone like Calhoun is the opposite.  If someone like Kole can be a 2-3 WAR LFer or play some 1b, he matches Trumbo's value.  Mind you without the flair.  And if Trumbo can get you a #3 starter, then you come out ahead. 

I am Bourjos fan -- great D -- better offense this year when he was healthy (he's had a lot of DL time this year).

Bourjos is one of those players who IMO just makes the team better when he's in the line-up.

I am sure someone will come up with a stat that will dispute that.......but this is just an observation based on watching the games and not on any stat.

Having said that, Bourjos is a type of player who has a limited shelf life.........these speedster types are great......but once the wheels go, well, the wheels come off the player's value. It can happen quickly.

Exhibit A -- Chone Figgins.  A great versatile catalyst in his prime.......the Halos wisely let someone else (Seattle) over-pay for him and he was never really the same player after that.....had a slow start in Seattle, recovered a bit to put some respectable looking season stats (well, above the Mendoza line) but the following season was well into decline.......

But I like Bourjos.........he is pretty good trade material because he's a guy that would fit on an NL or AL team........his injury may save him from a deadline deal.

How about Trumbo and Frieri for Taillon and Polanco. Bucs get two players under control for years and will make a huge impact this year. They need a big bat and closer since Grilli will be out for awhile

The Bucs have Melancon and two pretty good setup men in Wilson and Watson, they certainly don't need Frieri. Trumbo is not enough for Taillon and Polanco. 

Apparently, DiPoto is his roommate and told him he's on the block............

I just don't see Trumbo being traded at deadline time........he is a young player still under club control.

If the Halos were to trade Trumbo during the off-season as some sort of package deal, I would hope we would get a quality starter, rotation guy, in return.

Perhaps we could also throw in Blanton and at least half of his contract in on any deal........

Hahaha, half? How about all, and some money... day passes to Disneyland... a new car... Hmmm, what else?