• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbo and Downs on the block

kevinb

Take this with a grain of salt. But I was talking to a friend today who's buddy is room mates with Trumbo and what I guess Trumbo had told his room mate is that what he knows right now is that he and Downs are on the trading block. Figured I would pass this along. 

I would be sad if Trumbo left because he is the type of guy we should keep around, but in the same respect I think this team needs a complete over haul and the only guy I would not trade would be Trout everyone else could be had for prospects imo. 

Usually the rumors they hear are from the media.  The manager and GM are not going to talk to players about potential trades or being on the block unless maybe they are a vet that was asking for one final playoff opportunity.

Usually the rumors they hear are from the media.  The manager and GM are not going to talk to players about potential trades or being on the block unless maybe they are a vet that was asking for one final playoff opportunity.

Who knows, thats why I just said take it with a grain of salt.

I'm not buying the Trumbo piece.  Downs, yes, because he is a FA.  In the AL, the team that needs OF and DH protection is Texas.  They are concerned about Nelson Cruz going bye-bye for 50 games.  They have inquired about K-Mo from Seattle and Pence from SF.

I doubt the Angels would assist Texas in their quest.

I'm not buying the Trumbo piece.  Downs, yes, because he is a FA.  In the AL, the team that needs OF and DH protection is Texas.  They are concerned about Nelson Cruz going bye-bye for 50 games.  They have inquired about K-Mo from Seattle and Pence from SF.

I doubt the Angels would assist Texas in their quest.

I don't know why the Angels would help Texas, but I didn't say anything about Trumbo being traded to Texas.

I'll have to call BS on this.  I mean first of all, what does Trumbo have a roommate for when he's at home?  It isn't like the man is hurting for money in his current profession.  But that's really beside the fact. 

A General Manager does not approach a player in Trumbo's situation (younger, under contract) just to tell him he's on the block.  That's stupid.  That's not the way it works at all.  In Downs case, sometimes a GM will do that, SOMETIMES.  But in Trumbo's case, that's not only unheard of but also bad policy. 

No way this is remotely ac curate, even if he is on the market. 

I'll have to call BS on this.  I mean first of all, what does Trumbo have a roommate for when he's at home?  It isn't like the man is hurting for money in his current profession.  But that's really beside the fact. 

A General Manager does not approach a player in Trumbo's situation (younger, under contract) just to tell him he's on the block.  That's stupid.  That's not the way it works at all.  In Downs case, sometimes a GM will do that, SOMETIMES.  But in Trumbo's case, that's not only unheard of but also bad policy. 

No way this is remotely ac curate, even if he is on the market.

He actually has a room mate and he lives at the stadium lofts. I don't know why I'd make up this story. I've been around here long enough and don't just spout off and say things when I didn't actually hear them. Again I never said this was the the absolute truth or he was being traded just what I heard. I don't know why some of you are getting all butt hurt by something I posted from what I heard.

Calling utter BS on this. Dipoto probably learned in the past when he worked with the D-Backs that telling a young player he's on the trade block is a bad idea. You could clearly see how Justin Upton responded to all of that as a young player and I'm sure Jerry realizes that it's a poor decision to do this.

trumbo probably had to take an ad on craigslist to find this roommate. 

Highly unlikely. Dude has to be able to afford his condo on his own, probably just has a friend live there to watch it while he's gone more than anything else.