• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who watches Sportscenter?

I gave up on it years ago. 

• Faux arguments 
  • Blathering 'experts'
  • Their only way to give any sporting acheivement context is to compare to either a) Michael Jordan; B) Buster Douglas beating Tyson; or C) US Olympic hockey team from 1980. 
  • Who's Now
  • Hammer a subject to death, like Kobe, Favre, Tebow, TO

I read that now their latest "thing" is to play up social media/youtube videos and viral crap.  They spent an hour discussing the Harlem Shake

I abandoned SC years ago, and most of my friends have done the same.  Yet I read nothing about dropping ratings.

So who is watchong it?  And why are you?

No I don't watch it anymore. For baseball highlights I watch MLB network's Quickpitch. If I want NFL highlights I will watch NFL Network but they too add a bunch of crap that annoys me in their broadcast. If I want all sports highlights I will watch ESPN News on occasion, I forget watch they call it, Highlight Express or something.

this should be the greatest channel in america, but they've turned it into a piece of crap.

i really hate the way they've pissed all over hockey. hardly cover it anymore.

so much time and emphasis on college sports and the nba. it's so unwatchable. it's like meeting a friend from college and all they can talk about is the same two or three stories - that's what SC is to me these days. and i'm really exhausted with all the experts opinions stuff they do - hour after hour after hour.

hardly ever tune in anymore. and when i do, slap myself for being a moron and quickly turn the channel, then slap myself again.

Sportscenter is like KNX.    The same cycle of crap.   I agree about the college, and the Heat covg.   It's everywhere.  

With social media the way it is, and sites like this, fans have so much info at their fingertips, they don't need ESPN.   

Soon the E in ESPN will stand for Extinct.

Seldom if ever.  It has become more entertainment attempt by shitty comedians.  Like Tank said, their hockey coverage is usually Bruins and Rangers.  I do tune in for scores scrolling across the bottom of the screen.  The overall hip-hop style must appeal to some sector, but not me.

I used to watch them.  But as the OP has said, they have become pretty bad.  You can have a topic, and it could be something important in sports, and they will barely cover it since they have already worked on some story back east.  

they will have a short 30 second segment on who won last weekends golf tournament.  Then go off for 5  minutes on what Tigger did, and how they think he will do next week or for the next major.  

They just don't bring much to the table for myself anymore.  If my provider ever went A La Carte, I don't think I would get ESPN.  

MLB, NHL, NFL, and NBA networks are where I go for sports news on television.  The 30 for 30's are alright, but other than the occasional actual live sporting event I've cut ESPN out of my life completely and it's great.  Those clowns are a Tim Tebow slideshow away from becoming Bleacher Report on television.

when they cover one of the majors in golf, that's the most i'll watch espn for the entire year, by a longshot. that is, until they put that gasbag chris berman on. glad my generation invented the mute button. same goes for the home run derby.

berman used to be such a fun guy to watch. i have no idea what happened to him, or if maybe all of us wised up to his shenanigans.

I still do, but it's because it's habitual and daily for 20 years. But I agree with everything the OP said and find it annoying. They (for whatever reason) are getting good rating with First Take and are incorporating that bullshit and Screamin A. Smith into the show all the time.

I prefer ESPNEWS because it's quicker, but don't get that up here anymore.

I watch it when I want to see highlights from more than one sport. If I'm looking for just baseball,or football I tune in to their own channels. 

This is the main way I use it. I have DirecTV, so sometimes I use the sports score sidebar to look up scores. If an upcoming news item catches my eye, I may hang around to watch it. If I want baseball news I go to MLB Network. The only other time I spend much time on ESPN itself is when they are carrying a game I'm interested in.

Some of the people who ESPN hires as "experts" are anything but. Dick Vitale is a joke as a basketball analyst (I have visions of him fantasizing about the court at Duke), and it's hard to believe that Mark May ever played college football (he probably got hit in the head a few too many times). Their baseball coverage is Yankees- and Red Sox-centric. As far as the NFL, you would think that the Patriots and the Steelers are the only teams in the AFC.

Chris Berman's act has gotten rather tired, too. At least he isn't a primary anchor anymore. First, there was the word play with every player's name, then rumbin', bumblin', stumblin, he could - go - all - the - way, then when that wasn't obnoxious enough, "Whoop!". And we won't even go into the "Schwam", who most of the guys on this board could probably outperform in making NFL picks.

I really don't understand why Berman is held is such high esteem. He has been a parody of himself for years.