• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun

Torridd

purely speculative and probably Bs, but maybe they don't think he will succeed at the major league level and instead of calling him up and having him struggle, they are letting him maintain his value by kicking ass in AAA.  Making him a better trade chip for a potential deadline deal.  Now that they aren't likely to be buyers (and they shouldn't have been all along), I could see them bringing him up to see what he's got. 

In all honesty, the answer is probably as simple as this.  The organization wants Calhoun to grow, either in value or as a player for the future.  Shuck is what he is.  And right now, what Shuck is bringing to the table is adequate for the Angels needs.  There'd be no reason to promote Calhoun so that he can fill Brad Hawpe's role and play once a week.  They'd rather keep him hot in AAA, where his value blossoms along with his confidence and he keeps his timing.

That way, the Angels can either feature him a in a more prominent role next season without having him waste a full year in a partial bench role, or they can trade him, in which case the idea that he's 25, climbed the ladders quickly, has no weaknesses and hit over .350 in AAA will undoubtedly inflate his value in any potential deal. 

Keep in mind, this is not my personal opinion.  I believe Calhoun should've been on the field for the Angels the very second Peter Bourjos stepped off the field.  But I believe there is some tact to what the Angels are doing.  I don't think it's particularly intelligent, but it also isn't the dumbest possible option either.  The dumbest thing the Angels could do is promote Calhoun and have him sit the bench. 

In all honesty, the answer is probably as simple as this.  The organization wants Calhoun to grow, either in value or as a player for the future.  Shuck is what he is.  And right now, what Shuck is bringing to the table is adequate for the Angels needs.  There'd be no reason to promote Calhoun so that he can fill Brad Hawpe's role and play once a week.  They'd rather keep him hot in AAA, where his value blossoms along with his confidence and he keeps his timing.

That way, the Angels can either feature him a in a more prominent role next season without having him waste a full year in a partial bench role, or they can trade him, in which case the idea that he's 25, climbed the ladders quickly, has no weaknesses and hit over .350 in AAA will undoubtedly inflate his value in any potential deal. 

Keep in mind, this is not my personal opinion.  I believe Calhoun should've been on the field for the Angels the very second Peter Bourjos stepped off the field.  But I believe there is some tact to what the Angels are doing.  I don't think it's particularly intelligent, but it also isn't the dumbest possible option either.  The dumbest thing the Angels could do is promote Calhoun and have him sit the bench. 

Thank you.

In all honesty, the answer is probably as simple as this. The organization wants Calhoun to grow, either in value or as a player for the future. Shuck is what he is. And right now, what Shuck is bringing to the table is adequate for the Angels needs. There'd be no reason to promote Calhoun so that he can fill Brad Hawpe's role and play once a week. They'd rather keep him hot in AAA, where his value blossoms along with his confidence and he keeps his timing.

Keep in mind, this is not my personal opinion. I believe Calhoun should've been on the field for the Angels the very second Peter Bourjos stepped off the field. But I believe there is some tact to what the Angels are doing. I don't think it's particularly intelligent, but it also isn't the dumbest possible option either. The dumbest thing the Angels could do is promote Calhoun and have him sit the bench.

This. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Trumbo get moved for a young starting pitcher and Calhoun get promoted to play the same role Trumbo is playing now. I think Calhoun played some first in spring training, I could be wrong.