• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Trayvon/Zimmerman that you probably didn't see.

1) I wouldn't follow him

2) I would call the police

oh wait... he did and they told him to  not to follow him.

and I don't just call the police on people just because I don't know them.  

and by the evidence he did stop following him.  Regardless, giving somebody a beatdown because they are following you would be pretty dumb.

1) I wouldn't follow him

2) I would call the police

oh wait... he did and they told him to  not to follow him.

and I don't just call the police on people just because I don't know them.  

And after the police told him not to follow him, he didn't. 

and by the evidence he did stop following him.  Regardless, giving somebody a beatdown because they are following you would be pretty dumb.

I didn't say it was smart.   but because the other party is dead, we will never be 100% sure how it all went down. 

stop your personal attack on my family just because you don't like what I said.  

and I didn't CLAIM they would do anything. Wow reading comprehension IS a problem here

No you said if someone was following your kid they would deserve to get beat, which clearly implies implies that would be an acceptable response to you. And, I said IF you're kid responded that way he would be a thug. Personal attack? Good grief lol. Get a grip. 

No you said if someone was following your kid they would deserve to get beat, which clearly implies implies that would be an acceptable response to you. And, I said IF you're kid responded that way he would be a thug. Personal attack? Good grief lol. Get a grip. 

oh don't be such a sore loser here...  don't just resort to the get a grip comment. 

you are poor at your psychobabble with me because you failed to explore the variables in my situation.

My kid knows better than to be walking around alone at night- let alone getting a stupid bag of candy from a liquor store

But if you want to teach your kids to punk up and let some man follow them.. go right ahead.  You know you wouldn't even do that yourself. Now what kind of men do that... lets be honest here

This is a touchy subject, but we all need to watch how we are posting to one another.  Challenge ideas and thoughts, but don't get personal.

That is what causes threads to join the undead.

Is that the cause?  Man ... you'd think after almost 10 years we would have figured that out by now. 

oh don't be such a sore loser here... don't just resort to the get a grip comment.

you are poor at your psychobabble with me because you failed to explore the variables in my situation.

My kid knows better than to be walking around alone at night- let alone getting a stupid bag of candy from a liquor store

But if you want to teach your kids to punk up and let some man follow them.. go right ahead. You know you wouldn't even do that yourself. Now what kind of men do that... lets be honest here

I think men who have street smarts do that. The idea is to get away from that person, not act like a "man" and confront them with violence.

oh don't be such a sore loser here...  don't just resort to the get a grip comment. 

But if you want to teach your kids to punk up and let some man follow them.. go right ahead.  You know you wouldn't even do that yourself. Now what kind of men do that... lets be honest here

Sore loser? Poor psychobabble? Um, OK. 

I have no idea what this even means. But just for clarification, I have stated before in one of the threads on this topic, that I in fact have followed someone in my neighborhood that I did not know, who's actions made me suspicious. I also called the police. When the kid started to walk toward the end of the street, I grabbed a bat out of my garage and followed him down the street at a distance so I could see where he went. I took the bat solely as a means of protection in case the unknown person decided to come after me I could defend myself. I never got close to him and never in any way threatened him. He left the neighborhood and I communicated that to the police. Following a stranger in your neighborhood, and notifying police so they can check him out is not illegal or wrong or deserving of a beat down. Carrying a bat with me for protection in case I was attacked, was not illegal or wrong or deserving of a beat down.

If I (or one of my kids) was being followed by someone I didn't know and didn't have any idea what their intentions were or if they had a weapon, I would never advise them to confront the person and get into an altercation. I'd advise them to leave the area directly and quickly and report the incident to a responsible adult or to the police (and by phone if you have one on you). A confrontation and assault would be incredibly stupid and criminal.

Are you saying people carrying guns should essentially live their lives differently to avoid an altercation?

Basically, yes.  Death is final.  There isn't going back from it.  I believe that gun ownership is a right, but that right carries a lot of responsibility.  

You're all over the place here.  On one hand, you seem to be adopting the "guns kill people" argument loved by the gun control advocates.  On the other hand, you're saying gun ownership is a right. 

There's literally thousands of ways to kill people if you really wanted to -- some more convenient than others -- so I don't see the point of placing the burden on gun owners.  If you're going to hold to that logic, why not call out those who have cars, knives, baseball bats, hammers, axes, rope, plastic bags, common household chemicals, etc, etc.  All of these things have been used in one way or another to kill people as well.

You're all over the place here.  On one hand, you seem to be adopting the "guns kill people" argument loved by the gun control advocates.  On the other hand, you're saying gun ownership is a right. 

There's literally thousands of ways to kill people if you really wanted to -- some more convenient than others -- so I don't see the point of placing the burden on gun owners.  If you're going to hold to that logic, why not call out those who have cars, knives, baseball bats, hammers, axes, rope, plastic bags, common household chemicals, etc, etc.  All of these things have been used in one way or another to kill people as well.

In my experience the best way to kill someone is by utilizing the five point palm exploding heart technique.