• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Trayvon/Zimmerman that you probably didn't see.

Of course not. People like yourself sensationalize race and like the drama.

A black dude killed a white dude in Ohio the same day that got no mention.

I think the major factor for this case is the stand your ground law, not race. Although people seem to be all about the white/Mexican that goes to a black church as a racist killing machine.

Brandon calling people drama queen? Nice.

Was the black dude charged immediately and found guilty?

Race and racism isn't always about a killing machine. It's about that attitudes and perceptions that lead to this situation. It's those perceptions that led to Zimmerman profiling Martin as he walked down the street and follow him while carrying a gun. It's what potentially led Martin to fear for his safety or feel that he was being unfairly targeted (we can't ask him...he's kinda dead). It's what lead Zimmerman to be released immediately with minimal investigation until people started complaining.

Nothing disparaging about what I said. Sucks he died. Still a true statement though. Just cause he died doesn't mean he was an innocent victim.

Second you and baseballmom keep saying "he was just walking down the street." Or he was possibly casually strolling behind town homes in a neighborhood that had recent crime. But conveniently ignore that. Street or behind town homes. Same thing I guess.

When the operator first asked to describe Trayvon, Zim didn't even use a race or color.  It was only after a second questioning did he use 'black' (hence the ridiculous NBC 'edit')

Trayvon described Zimmerman as a 'creepy ass cracker'.

But Zimmerman is the crazed racist, I guess.

People are going to want to believe what they want to believe.

It is not illegal to follow someone

Just because dispatch says to do or dont do something doesnt mean youre bound by law to listen

It is illegal to attack someone as they are walking away from you.

It is not illegal to use a fire arm in self defense if you feel your life is in danger.

Shame on AW that red is a moderator...  Run out of race-cards yet?  Invisible or fantasized?

red=baiter

Actually, I'm glad red is a moderator.  First off, he's a cool guy.  Second, it's good to have people with differing points of view as moderators.  Some of us, like me, lean to the right.  Some, like red, lean to the left.  That is healthy.

Actually, I'm glad red is a moderator.  First off, he's a cool guy.  Second, it's good to have people with differing points of view as moderators.  Some of us, like me, lean to the right.  Some, like red, lean to the left.  That is healthy.

Moderators shouldn't troll.  This thread went from civil to an out right flame war.  This is not the political forum, and mods should know the difference.

The limousine libs love that race baiting shiat.

Just looking at the sports news this morning - Ryan Braun getting just castigated by all sides.. Worst since Barry Bonds. Yet when Bonds was ripped, we were told by the same old agitators that it was because he was black.

I'll wait to see if the Jews say Braun is getting ripped because he is a Jew.

Moderators shouldn't troll.  This thread went from civil to an out right flame war.  This is not the political forum, and mods should know the difference.

This thread should have been moved to the political forum a long time ago.  Anyone who didn't know it would go this way hasn't been around AW very long.

I'm pretty sure if a friend of mine happened to get in a fight with someone at let's say downtown Fullerton, and the other person pulled out a gun and shot my friend in "self defense" I would be ok with that person getting a not guilty verdict just because he told the jury he felt like his life was in danger.

A lot of you people on here are using the self defense argument like its ok to shoot anyone as long as you feel your life is in danger. Completely ridiculous.

EDIT: it's not like Martin broke into Zimmerman's home with a gun. No matter who started this, it was a fight between two people. Is it really ok to shoot anyone you get into with and just claim self defense?