• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

{Fangraphs} Ervin Santana Changes the Trade Market

Since 2008, Santana has had the best slider in MLB while also having the worst fastball. (Fangraphs Pitch Values: Fastball -76.9 , Slider +67.9).

This season he's throwing his fastball at a career low rate of 50.9% while throwing his slider at near career high rate 38.1% (38.2% in 2011). Just shocking that he would see improvement by throwing his best pitch more often instead of grooving those awful straight 4 seam fastballs. He's also added a 2-seam fastball this year which has likely improved the effectiveness of the 4 seamer.

Have you ever heard Butcher say anything intelligent or insightful? I haven't. I used to listen closely to Black, Lachemann and Coleman because they almost always said something really smart. From Butcher we get simple explanations that could be recited by any fan while including prickish denials like "I know how good I am" and "I'll sleep like a baby". I wouldn't care how prickish he was if he was effective. He's not.

The next young pitcher to flourish under Butcher will be the first. It's possible that in 7 years there just hasn't been any young talent for him to work with. It's also possible that he's not a very good teacher and should be replaced. Tampa had no problem allowing him to leave to a lateral position with another team while also requiring no compensation.

The Angels had Ervin limit his slider usage after he hurt his arm a few years back. Sliders put additional strain on your elbow and they were concerned it would blow up if he continued to throw sliders at the same rate. Obviously KC does not care if Ervin's elbow blows up, and maybe the Angels shouldn't have either.

Lifetime can't be serious. There is just no way this is how he is as a human being

Wait so what I said isn't true? The rest of it is irrelevant to the context of the discussion (the Poozy bit). Everyone, outside of maybe Poozy, is well aware of how the Angels had back to back picks and chose Grichuk and Trout. I'm sure everyone also concludes that most likely the Angels pick Trout over Grichuk if they only had one pick. But really, that doesn't matter in rebutting Poozy. 

Wait so what I said isn't true? The rest of it is irrelevant to the context of the discussion (the Poozy bit). Everyone, outside of maybe Poozy, is well aware of how the Angels had back to back picks and chose Grichuk and Trout. I'm sure everyone also concludes that most likely the Angels pick Trout over Grichuk if they only had one pick. But really, that doesn't matter in rebutting Poozy. 

I forgot, aright? It happens. I admitted I was wrong, which is something you are incapable of doing. No need to keep throwing my name out there..

lolololololololololololololol. You're such a douche. LT, that is. There is no way the actual person behind LT's account is so stupid.

Lolololololol!  You're so FOS Vladdylonglegs. Enough of the personal attacks and trolling. Either get back on topic or go away. 

The Angels had Ervin limit his slider usage after he hurt his arm a few years back. Sliders put additional strain on your elbow and they were concerned it would blow up if he continued to throw sliders at the same rate. Obviously KC does not care if Ervin's elbow blows up, and maybe the Angels shouldn't have either.

They're not worried about someone who won't be a Royal next year.

Well I think it's clear the angels should've kept Santana mainly because he's been as good as a number 2 starter on the angels multiple times, and he was due to have another great year.

I bet you also think the Angels should have kept Fernando Rodney.