• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Songs I hate

Anything by Die Antwood. Just skip to a couple minutes in and listen to her, I swear anyone can make music these days. Damn Euros love this though, just shows how backwards they are

It's actually brilliant marketing. Disposable incomes lured by driving parents fears. See the future.

Oh, and if you are a producer currently working in the music industry. Please step in front of a train.

What are cookie monster style vocals?  Kinda like Cannibal Corpse or something?

Yes. I ****ing hate the term "cookie monster" when referring to vocals, because they literally sound nothing like it.

The music is obviously not for everybody though so it's understandable that people can't get into it. My only issue is people seem to think it's just this silly dumb thing when it actually takes quite a bit of skill to do, especially for an entire song.

Yes. I ****ing hate the term "cookie monster" when referring to vocals, because they literally sound nothing like it.

The music is obviously not for everybody though so it's understandable that people can't get into it. My only issue is people seem to think it's just this silly dumb thing when it actually takes quite a bit of skill to do, especially for an entire song.

No question that it takes quite a bit of talent to put together a series of quality screams. But for me personally, I can't get through a death metal song if its not accompanied by clean vocals. I typically don't like it when harsh vocals go on for more than 15 to 20 seconds at a time. People's tolerances are different though, a buddy of mine can listen to nothing but the harsh stuff for hours.

And then there's death grunts, I have almost no tolerance for those.

Interesting the dislike of post hardcore or metal bands. I couldn't tell if it was just Job For A Cowboy stuff, but think some also encompass a wider range that might include August Burns Red, Converge, or even something like Every Time I Die or The Refused.

I like a bit of the genre, but it got saturated very quickly and it felt like there was this stretch where everyone wanted to be Underoath.

To expand on my earlier post, I'm really into just about everything. I still have preferences, but when I started to play just really got into various styles of music and appreciated others I wouldn't generally like, like country.

However, there is a certain style that I simply loathe. I don't even know what to call it other than butt rock. Aside from the shitty music, there seems to be even a worse stereotype of this genres listening audience....the dumb middle America, Bud Light drinking, owns some kind Hot Topic marijuana shirt, and generally had bad taste in other areas of life. I can't explain it other than listing bands of this genre (some may have a song or two that isn't bad, but overall I just disdain) that I think is just alternative music you would find listening to KCAL.

Disturbed, Evanescence, Puddle of Mud, Saliva, Seether, Papa Roach, Three Doors Down, Creed, Nickelback, etc.

It's that vanilla, middle America, studio produced radio rock. It's bland, has no depth or redeeming qualities, and is just simply generic.

On a side note, I don't like gimmick music or bands either, like Kottonmouth Kings or Insane Clown Posse.

To expand on my earlier post, I'm really into just about everything. I still have preferences, but when I started to play just really got into various styles of music and appreciated others I wouldn't generally like, like country.

However, there is a certain style that I simply loathe. I don't even know what to call it other than butt rock. Aside from the shitty music, there seems to be even a worse stereotype of this genres listening audience....the dumb middle America, Bud Light drinking, owns some kind Hot Topic marijuana shirt, and generally had bad taste in other areas of life. I can't explain it other than listing bands of this genre (some may have a song or two that isn't bad, but overall I just disdain) that I think is just alternative music you would find listening to KCAL.

Disturbed, Evanescence, Puddle of Mud, Saliva, Seether, Papa Roach, Three Doors Down, Creed, Nickelback, etc.

It's that vanilla, middle America, studio produced radio rock. It's bland, has no depth or redeeming qualities, and is just simply generic.

On a side note, I don't like gimmick music or bands either, like Kottonmouth Kings or Insane Clown Posse.

All of those bands suck. Good call. 

Hmmm.. Didn't realize I listened to butt rock. Oh well. :)

It's cool. I sometimes listen to a made up genre called screamo that I'm sure some kids at Warped Tour came up with to try and be cool. Or it's probably the same people that for whatever reason wanted to use the word emo for a select few bands.

I don't mind Disturbed.  The rest of those bands I can live without.  I feel the same way about mall punk/emo/screamo.  Bunch of pre-adolescent twerps singing about their feelings.  AFI, The Used, Glassjaw, Death Cab for Cutie, Thrice, etc.

Jesus Nate, you had to drop Glassjaw and Thrice (which ironically sound nothing alike or what you mention).

I think the weird thing is people seem to like metal or even metal core bands here, but similar bands or sub genres are dismissed or annoying. I find it funny someone will like Darkest Hour, Shadow Falls, Unearth, or Killswitch Engage but "hate" August Burns Red, Devil Wears Prada, or As I Lay Dying.....as examples.

No question that it takes quite a bit of talent to put together a series of quality screams. But for me personally, I can't get through a death metal song if its not accompanied by clean vocals. I typically don't like it when harsh vocals go on for more than 15 to 20 seconds at a time. People's tolerances are different though, a buddy of mine can listen to nothing but the harsh stuff for hours.

And then there's death grunts, I have almost no tolerance for those.

Opeth and Scar Symmetry are perfect introductions to that type of music. Mainly because they mix the clean vocals in rather frequently and the growls are about as understandable as they can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk6Q4FpW-sY

Just a couple examples of songs that really helped me get into harsher music. The melodies and mix of clean singing really helped bridged the gap between 100% singing and 100% growling/screaming. Now I can listen to anything with harsh vocals and love it (if it's good).

Jesus Nate, you had to drop Glassjaw and Thrice (which ironically sound nothing alike or what you mention).

I think the weird thing is people seem to like metal or even metal core bands here, but similar bands or sub genres are dismissed or annoying. I find it funny someone will like Darkest Hour, Shadow Falls, Unearth, or Killswitch Engage but "hate" August Burns Red, Devil Wears Prada, or As I Lay Dying.....as examples.

They are not similar at all, just cause they scream or shout, the instrumentals are crap.  They play very simple guitar chords and sing about stupid shit.  That is why I can't stand it.

They are not similar at all, just cause they scream or shout, the instrumentals are crap. They play very simple guitar chords and sing about stupid shit. That is why I can't stand it.

People like what they like and don't like what they don't like. I'm not trying to change your mind or position.

I can't even respond because I disagree heavily with how black and white you see it or music in general. I guess being a musician for awhile and learning various instruments I see things a lot differently, musically speaking.