Sign in to follow this  
Jay

Songs I hate

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Redondo said:

Here's a station changer.

Pop worked at KMPC and I recall that this one made his list of not wanting to hear again after the first week.

On a side note, one of the jocks, I think it was Owens, said the intro to Hooked On a Feeling drove him crazy because it was so long.   So Pop cut a track where it played the intro twice.  When it came up in the rotation he pranked him by playing the edited cut instead of the vinyl. 

Edited by Slegnaac

16 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Pop worked at KMPC and I recall that this one made his list of not wanting to hear again after the first week.

On a side note, one of the jocks, I think it was Owens, said the intro to Hooked On a Feeling drove him crazy because it was so long.   So Pop cut a track where it played the intro twice.  When it came up in the rotation he pranked him by playing the edited cut instead of the vinyl. 

Ooga-chaka, ooga-ooga. Ooga-chaka, ooga-ooga. 

18 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Even this version?

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

David Hasselhoff's Hooked on a Feeling rendition is the best music video of all time.

liar! 

this is much better.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:40 AM, Tank said:

sweet home alabama. i hate that song.

What I have never understood about song that is that it was played by Lynyrd Skynyrd - who are from my home town of Jacksonville, FL, not Alabama.

i'm starting to hate "old time rock 'n roll" because of how frequently the commercials for domino's pizza have been played. talk about overkill.

10 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

What I have never understood about song that is that it was played by Lynyrd Skynyrd - who are from my home town of Jacksonville, FL, not Alabama.

It was written as a response to a couple of Neil Young songs, as evidenced in the lyrics. 

12 hours ago, Lou said:

It was written as a response to a couple of Neil Young songs, as evidenced in the lyrics. 

Look at Lou, busting out the southern rock knowledge.The two songs were Southern Man and appropriately one called Alabama.

7 minutes ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

Turn it off.

Well why didn’t I think of that! All this time I thought the law of pop radio meant I was required to listen to it all the way through regardless of its like ability.
Thanks for your insightfulness!