• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Songs I hate

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i like a lot of old soul music, too, but this song was laughable when it came out, and still laughable today.

For those not familiar with Minnie Riperton's sad story (from the Wikis):

On April 5, 1975, Riperton reached the apex of her career with her No. 1 single "Lovin' You". The single was the last release from her 1974 gold album titled Perfect Angel. In January 1976, Riperton was diagnosed with breast cancer, and in April, she underwent a radical mastectomy.[4][7] By the time of diagnosis, the cancer had metastasized and she was given about six months to live. Despite the grim prognosis, she continued recording and touring. She was one of the first celebrities to go public with a breast cancer diagnosis, but she did not disclose that she was terminally ill. In 1977, she became a spokesperson for the American Cancer Society. In 1978, she received the American Cancer Society's Courage Award, which was presented to her at the White House by President Jimmy Carter. Riperton died of cancer on July 12, 1979 at age 31.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

For those not familiar with Minnie Riperton's sad story (from the Wikis):

On April 5, 1975, Riperton reached the apex of her career with her No. 1 single "Lovin' You". The single was the last release from her 1974 gold album titled Perfect Angel. In January 1976, Riperton was diagnosed with breast cancer, and in April, she underwent a radical mastectomy.[4][7] By the time of diagnosis, the cancer had metastasized and she was given about six months to live. Despite the grim prognosis, she continued recording and touring. She was one of the first celebrities to go public with a breast cancer diagnosis, but she did not disclose that she was terminally ill. In 1977, she became a spokesperson for the American Cancer Society. In 1978, she received the American Cancer Society's Courage Award, which was presented to her at the White House by President Jimmy Carter. Riperton died of cancer on July 12, 1979 at age 31.

Sad story but doesn't make the song any better. I knew she had passed early in life. I read that about her a while back.

Side story. I had tickets to a Redbone concert I believe in 1974 at Swing Auditorium. When I got there they said he canceled for the night but Minnie was going to do the concert. All I could think of was listening to the birds for an hour. Needless to say I got a refund and left.

Edited by Redondo

23 hours ago, Redondo said:

Here's a station changer.

Pop worked at KMPC and I recall that this one made his list of not wanting to hear again after the first week.

On a side note, one of the jocks, I think it was Owens, said the intro to Hooked On a Feeling drove him crazy because it was so long.   So Pop cut a track where it played the intro twice.  When it came up in the rotation he pranked him by playing the edited cut instead of the vinyl. 

Edited by Slegnaac