• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marlins Seek Equal Value, Current Players, for Stanton

Tyler

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/36595/20130724/marlins_to_seek_equal_value_current_players_for_stanton/

The Miami Marlins are encouraged by their young pitching and reportedly will seek equal value and young, current players in exchange for Giancarlo Stanton when they field offers.

Miami will want an affordable player that will be under contract for a while, like Stanton.

The Rangers are expected to have interest in Stanton, but they just traded some prospects to the Cubs for Matt Garza.

Offer Bourjos, Trumbo, Jimenez, and Maronde.

Stanton's numbers have crashed this year making him look more like Adam Dunn (65 K's in 56 games .239 avg) but with a glove.

Does anyone really look at average anymore? Anyway, Stanton is still getting on base at a good clip (his 2013 OBP is .351, career-.350), his problem this year is his slugging. He lead the NL last year @ .608, but is down to .450 this year. Probably injuries, but who knows?

Stanton is a stud. I think he's been a bit overrated by some, but I expect him to be one of the dozen or twenty best players of the next five+ years.

I'd definitely make that deal for him. Imagine Hamilton (the good version), Trout, and Stanton as your outfield.

Not gonna happen, though. The Angels would need to include not only a Trumbo and Bourjos, but at least one grade A prospect - which they don't have any of.

Stanton's numbers have crashed this year making him look more like Adam Dunn (65 K's in 56 games .239 avg) but with a glove.

He's also dealt with injuries this year, which seems to be his biggest problem. Remember he's still super young so he has a lot of time to make adjustments. 

I still think he has a few 50 HR and 1.000 OPS type seasons in him. 

He's also dealt with injuries this year, which seems to be his biggest problem. Remember he's still super young so he has a lot of time to make adjustments. 

I still think he has a few 50 HR and 1.000 OPS type seasons in him. 

Not if he plays in Marine Layer Land.