• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun Update

But can he play 3B?

But on a serious note.. Trumbo is starting to produce again and Bourjos will be back soon. There's nowhere for Calhoun to play without a trade (for more than 2 week intervals, at least).

Guess we can always put Trumbo back at 3B ;)

Oh yeah, he's now played 162 AAA games:

.316/.387/.543, 204 hits, 44 2b, 12 3b, 26 HR, 121 RBI, 22 SB

Dude's a stud. Now I highly doubt those numbers translate to the majors, but why not .290/.350/.470? Its certainly possible and would be better than Trumbo or Shuck. This guy needs major league at-bats.

I don't know who to blame, so let's blame all of em.  Arte Moreno, Jerry Dipoto, and Mike Scioscia.   Get this guy to Anaheim and in the starting lineup.  He may not get 4 plate appearances per game when Bourjos is back or Hamilton or Pujols aren't aching.  Shuck is good as a backup and fill-in, but Calhoun has more upside.  It's like Richards vs Blanton and Williams. Proceed with the mediocre or less than mediocre status quo or find out what you've got.   You've got nothing to lose this season. 

Shuck probably has a tiny bit of value at this point.

Deal him, DFA Hawpe and call up Calhoun. DFA Cowgill when Bourjos comes back.

It's stunning how Kole isn't on the team right now. Seriously a fun player to watch and potential starter in the future.

Shuck is valuable.  He's done a good job off the bench.  I'm guessing his (lack of) defense so far has been a fluke.  I doubt he brings anything in a trade, though. He is the kind of player you stash on your bench for little money... like Orlando Palmeiro.   

Shuck is valuable.  He's done a good job off the bench.  I'm guessing his (lack of) defense so far has been a fluke.  I doubt he brings anything in a trade, though. He is the kind of player you stash on your bench for little money... like Orlando Palmeiro.   

Thats exactly who he is...