• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USPS is a cluster $#@%.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/postal-moving-away-door-delivery-100900265.html

And just how do they expect the disabled and elderly to get to those community boxes?

And just how safe is a community box where theives are going through them?

Are you serious?

Regarding safety and thieves... How do you keep people out of your home?

Regarding the disabled and elderly... They're not going to place the boxes atop 12 story high platforms that require you to climb and repel.

C'mon.

A friend who retired from the US Postal Service told me that junk mail is a major source of revenue for them. Without it they might go completely under, so don't look for it to disappear anytime soon. When you think about it, so much of what used to be legitimate mail is now e-mail and .pdf documents that without the garbage the USPS wouldn't have much to do.

Advertisements are a big source of revenue for them but the question is how much do they pay for expenses related to that junk mail?  Let's look at information provided by the USPS for 2012:

http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-facts/#H1

Advertising mail accounted for 50% (79.5B/160B) of their total mail volume but only 25% (16.4B/26B) of their revenue.  That's not to say that exactly 50% of their total expenses are related to advertising mail.  However, I think it's one of those situations where people see the revenue stream and don't consider the costs.  If they lost the revenue stream it would hurt but if they reduced the costs associated with half their mail volume that could more than make up for it and even get them out of the red.  Obviously though that would mean cutting back on personnel which is a rallying cry for these types of agencies losing money that gets people riled up.     

Are you serious?

Regarding safety and thieves... How do you keep people out of your home?

Regarding the disabled and elderly... They're not going to place the boxes atop 12 story high platforms that require you to climb and repel.

C'mon.

Rally,

You're a f***ing genius. With the elderly in dangerous situations their life expectancy drops which helps address the fiscal concerns of social security, medicare and the list goes on.  Install cameras to record these ill fated attempts and you've got the next big reality show.  I'll be writing you in on my 2016 ballot with yk as your VP.     

Rally,

You're a f***ing genius. With the elderly in dangerous situations their life expectancy drops which helps address the fiscal concerns of social security, medicare and the list goes on.  Install cameras to record these ill fated attempts and you've got the next big reality show.  I'll be writing you in on my 2016 ballot with yk as your VP.     

That's all well and good until my plan is foiled by a new Rascal model that can scale vertical surfaces. Of course, this is when we'll activate Wipeout-style opening doors and oversized boxing gloves that emerge at random places.

Their package prices are not competitive at all, that is the biggest problem.  You would think that a company with this kind of infrastructure could do a better job.

That's not true at all unless you're making the mistake of using your own boxes for everything. 

Priority Mail Flat Rate and Regional Rate boxes (which come free from the post office) are so much cheaper than ordinary Priority Mail rates, and sometimes UPS and FedEx Ground rates, it's not even funny. 

Yeah, when I've visited those communities that have community mailboxes, I laughed when I saw someone pull out of his driveway in his car, down 3 houses to the mailbox, get his mail, then drive back.  

I threw some yard clippings on the driveway to get a reaction.

The mailbox for my part of the street is in front of my house. I see that all the time.

My biggest beefs for the community mailbox is the mail gets soaked when it rains. Damn things aren't sealed properly. Also when I had my eBay business a few years ago, I had to drop my packages off at the Post Office, instead of leaving them on my porch.

That's not true at all unless you're making the mistake of using your own boxes for everything. 

Priority Mail Flat Rate and Regional Rate boxes (which come free from the post office) are so much cheaper than ordinary Priority Mail rates, and sometimes UPS and FedEx Ground rates, it's not even funny. 

Hell ya. They're so cheap that the Postal Service loses $25 million a day.

That's all well and good until my plan is foiled by a new Rascal model that can scale vertical surfaces. Of course, this is when we'll activate Wipeout-style opening doors and oversized boxing gloves that emerge at random places.

I think the Rascal is trending away from old people to just all around fatties.

fat+rascal.jpg

Hell ya. They're so cheap that the Postal Service loses $25 million a day.

I think that's partially because USPS has thousands of union workers being paid to sit around and do nothing. 

There isn't enough mail to keep them busy but USPS is obligated by contract to pay them anyway. 

This is a great quote.

Yeah, never would have figured that delivery would be their biggest cost.

I think that's partially because USPS has thousands of union workers being paid to sit around and do nothing. 

There isn't enough mail to keep them busy but USPS is obligated by contract to pay them anyway. 

Funny, then, that whenever I go to the post office there is a line out the door, but at least half of the counter stations are closed.