• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garza to miss start tonight...(Traded to Texas Rangers)

Because a deal with the Rangers is imminent!

As it appears the Angels will under-achieve yet again, I will adopt the A's and Pirates to root for into the playoffs (along with my Dirtbag friends with the Rays and Nats).

Do you think the Angels should try to make some deals?  I'd rather ride it out, without any huge deals.  Unless it's dumping some pitching for prospects. There's a lot wrong with this team, though they can turn it on at times.

I hope Garza is as successful with the Rangers as Dumpster, was for the last couple of months last season.

+1

Maybe then it'll drive down the price some to sign him as a FA.

Hey, it's better than throwing money at yet another nearly washed up hitter.

Arte's gonna do it, just at least do it on a pitcher for next season.   It worked so far (for the most part) with Wilson.

Hope it's not us -- let the Rangers over-pay for a rental.........we've been there, done that.  Enough.

Although, to be fair -- Rangers, 3 games out right now - should be buyers with the situation they are in with respect to the current standings.

Expect Garza to get hit hard at Arlington, though.

Have not the rental deals hurt the current/future standing of the franchise? 

1)  Make darned sure that if you do a rental deal, that the chances of getting to the post-season are very good or that the chances of resigning acquired player are very good (preferably when the trade happens), not like it was a year ago where we never were truly close enough and Greinke was anything BUT a sure thing to sign.

2)  if you are going to trade TWO good lefty prospects to get a veteran pitcher, please make sure you are seriously in a race and not like we were in late July 2010.   Preferably, two good lefty pitching prospects should NEVER, EEEEVER be traded at once.