• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's in charge of this team?

Management or a high-priced, underperforming, and hurting "superstar"?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_06_04_chnmlb_anamlb_1&utm_source=feedly#gid=2013_06_04_chnmlb_anamlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=ana

ANAHEIM -- At one point this season, the pain almost became too much for even Albert Pujols to handle. It was Tuesday, May 7, in Houston. Pujols sat down with head athletic trainer Adam Nevala and manager Mike Scioscia, who tried to convince Pujols that going on the disabled list for a couple weeks would probably be best for the excruciating pain he had been feeling on his left foot since Spring Training.

When Pujols went to bed that night, the organization was convinced their $225 million slugger was headed for the disabled list. Then Pujols woke up, took the early bus to Minute Maid Park and pleaded with Scioscia to let him keep playing, to let him keep suiting up in hopes that his Angels would finally turn it around.

"I just couldn't do it, man," Pujols said. "I just felt too guilty. He was fighting with me on it, and I was like, 'No, no, please, don't do it.'"

There in lies the problem. Put him on the DL and let him stew. Who cares. What is he going to do about it? Take a chance that he can get healthy enough to actually contribute in 2014. It is obvious that MS can't deal with him. He still hits behind Trout and probably leads the league in LOB.

Management or a high-priced, underperforming, and hurting "superstar"?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_06_04_chnmlb_anamlb_1&utm_source=feedly#gid=2013_06_04_chnmlb_anamlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=ana

ANAHEIM -- At one point this season, the pain almost became too much for even Albert Pujols to handle. It was Tuesday, May 7, in Houston. Pujols sat down with head athletic trainer Adam Nevala and manager Mike Scioscia, who tried to convince Pujols that going on the disabled list for a couple weeks would probably be best for the excruciating pain he had been feeling on his left foot since Spring Training.

When Pujols went to bed that night, the organization was convinced their $225 million slugger was headed for the disabled list. Then Pujols woke up, took the early bus to Minute Maid Park and pleaded with Scioscia to let him keep playing, to let him keep suiting up in hopes that his Angels would finally turn it around.

"I just couldn't do it, man," Pujols said. "I just felt too guilty. He was fighting with me on it, and I was like, 'No, no, please, don't do it.'"

Come on fan_since79, you can't get to 500 homer runs while sitting on the DL. Albert has his own Priorities!  ;)

There in lies the problem. Put him on the DL and let him stew. Who cares. What is he going to do about it? Take a chance that he can get healthy enough to actually contribute in 2014. It is obvious that MS can't deal with him. He still hits behind Trout and probably leads the league in LOB.

Not sure about that as runners not named Trout haven't been getting on consistently, but he certainly leads the league in GIDP by a ludicrous margin.

Problem is Moreno considers Pujols a "partner", which means he outranks Scioscia and Dipoto.

Interesting that he feels more guilty about spending time on the DL to heal and possibly perform better than he does about not producing.

Not sure about that as runners not named Trout haven't been getting on consistently, but he certainly leads the league in GIDP by a ludicrous margin.

Problem is Moreno considers Pujols a "partner", which means he outranks Scioscia and Dipoto.

I actually thought Pujols led the league in DP, but shockingly Matt Carpenter does with 22.

I actually thought Pujols led the league in DP, but shockingly Matt Carpenter does with 22.

I wasn't aware of that. Imagine if the Cardinals had kept Pujols around :o

One of my cubicle mates at work though is a Cardinals fan. He regularly thanks me for the Angels taking Pujols off their hands :(

The Albert Pujols runs the insane asylum known as the Angels organization. Sign 32+ former stars to mega contracts, trade prospects with little regard to a healthy farm system again... And again expecting a different result.

It's time to see if Sandy Alderson will leave the Mets, sideline Arte for any player personal decisions and grow as an organization.