• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Batman and Superman movie team up.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/07/20/batman-superman-movie-comic-con/2571665/

SAN DIEGO --Start your drooling, fanboys and fangirls, and get ready for lots of Batarangs and heat vision. Batman and Superman will soon be teaming up on a big screen near you At a Warner Bros. panel at Comic-Con Saturday, the studio announced that Henry Cavill, the star of this summer's Man of Steel, will reprise the role of Superman in a sequel that will also feature Batman. 

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will act in the same capacity for the follow-up, expected in 2015.

No casting for Batman was mentioned but Snyder teased that the Gotham City hero's relationship with Superman in Frank Miller's seminal 1980s comic The Dark Knight Returns will inform aspects of Man of Steel 2.

My nerd senses are going wild.  I hope it'll be called World's Finest.

They're just trying to interlock franchises to build up to a Justice League movie.  Marvel did the same with Avengers, but they limited it more to cameos in the stand alone movies.  I don't think they have any immediate plans to start a new Batman franchise, so instead they will just introduce him in the new Superman movie.  It'll be curious to see who they get to be the new Batman as Christian Bale has said many times he's not interested in doing any more Batman movies.

I also hope they REALLY limit what they use from the Dark Knight Returns because no one wants to see a fat Batman in his mid-50s like in the comic book.

Game, set, match?

Do you work for Marvel?

Not yet. Then again, I've never been a big Superman. Nothing fun about Superman being indestructible. Man of Steel was great though. Marvel and their entire cinematic universe is just so well done that at this point nothing can compete with it. I love Ultron. One of the best villains ever. Also, since its somewhat like Terminator I like it even more.

How are they going to do an Ultron movie without Hank Pym? The Ant Man movie isn't coming out until after Avengers 2.

I have a few theories.

1. Ultron comes back in time to the present to take over the world and get his Adamantium shell (which would make him virtually indestructible.)

2. Tony Stark builds him and he corrupts JARVIS and Ultron is born from that.

I'd love the time travel aspect. They used that in the comic series Age Of Ultron that ran earlier this year. The ending of it was shit, but the premise is amazing.

DC's Superman-Batman Joint Movie: Desperation or Movie Domination?

Love this quote.

El Mayimbe (a.k.a. Umberto González) of the fan site Latino Review broke down the differences between the panels. "In this corner, Marvel dropped GOTG footage, THOR footage, WINTER SOLDIER footage, & an AVENGERS 2 teaser. Those are serious haymakers," he wrote on Twitter, adding: "In this corner, DC drops some rinky dink BATMAN/SUPERMAN logo. 90 minute wait for a ****ing logo. Are you kidding me DC? Like seriously?"

Not yet. Then again, I've never been a big Superman. Nothing fun about Superman being indestructible. Man of Steel was great though. Marvel and their entire cinematic universe is just so well done that at this point nothing can compete with it. I love Ultron. One of the best villains ever. Also, since its somewhat like Terminator I like it even more.

I have a few theories.

1. Ultron comes back in time to the present to take over the world and get his Adamantium shell (which would make him virtually indestructible.)

2. Tony Stark builds him and he corrupts JARVIS and Ultron is born from that.

I'd love the time travel aspect. They used that in the comic series Age Of Ultron that ran earlier this year. The ending of it was shit, but the premise is amazing.

Really funny you bring up the Tony Stark theory. I was talking with a coworker this morning and said what if he's a suit of armor built by Tony Stark and a virus takes over Jarvis and he calls himself Ultron? I can really see them doing that even though I think a lot of the comic book fans would rage hard.

"We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron, and the other thing is, in the origin story there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not, because we're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

"We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

http://www.blastr.com/2013-7-22/whedon-says-we-should-expect-changes-ultrons-origin-avengers-2

Really funny you bring up the Tony Stark theory. I was talking with a coworker this morning and said what if he's a suit of armor built by Tony Stark and a virus takes over Jarvis and he calls himself Ultron? I can really see them doing that even though I think a lot of the comic book fans would rage hard.

I can definitely see that happening. We need Ultron with the Adamantium armor though. I'm pretty bummed out if it ends up being Stark Tech and not a Pym Ultron. Pym is Ultron. That's like taking away Captain America's shield. Gotta have them together imo. I trust Weadon to do the right thing and give us a damn good story.

Disclaimer: I would pay to see Avengers 2 if they were fighting a giant turd.  That said while I wasn't a huge collector of Avengers comics growing up I knew a lot of Marvel characters and Ultron isn't one I recall.  I'm guessing the end of the first Avengers was setting up the 3rd installment or was just a giant cock tease. 

A blurb or two from a few articles.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/iron-man-3-sets-stage-marvel-phase-two-192001912.html

After "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," we'll move on to "Guardians of the Galaxy" and finally "Marvel's The Avengers 2," which will reportedly feature "X-Men" mutant twins Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as new members of the team. After "Avengers 2," we'll be commencing with Marvel's Phase Three, the first chapter of which will star one of the, well, tiniest heroes of the Marvel universe, Ant-Man.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/kevin-feige-confirms-thanos-will-appear-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-comic-con-2013

“I think somebody on the Guardians panel let loose that Thanos is a part of the movie, which he is,” revealed Feige. “Thanos plays a part inGuardians, as the mastermind.”

So I'm thinking that perhaps the end of Avengers wasn't a preview of Avengers, but of Guradians of the Universe.