• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Trumbo? Are y'all nuts?!?

Bourjos is like the delorean...looks great...people go nuts when they see it..but its built terribly and you don't see it much anymore.

I imagine you're about the only person on this board that was glad Bourjos got hit with that pitch, so you could bust out "injury prone" as a reason for not liking him.  

I agree, however Trumbo plays 1B too which is valuable right now.  Bourjos will probably bring more in trade, and is easier to replace due to just playing the OF.

Calhoun has been playing at 1B off and on down in AAA, so Trumbo could easily be in play just like some other Angels bats.

I don't understand how trading away a cheap, bonafide MOTO player can be a good move for this organization. And, he's not just cheap, he's very cheap. He's like a gold chain at the 99 cent store cheap.

He is in an arbitration year.  So next year he won't be so cheap.  

Good to see people coming around on Trumbo and Bourjos. They should have been traded for pitching this past offseason though.

You have been saything that these two should have been traded for pitching all season.  However, you never tell us who an opposing team has offered for Bourjos or Trumbo.  I am the biggest Bourjos fan on this board and I said I would trade him for a legit major league starter.  So tell me, your the GM, who do you think you can get for Bourjos or Trumbo!

I don't understand how trading away a cheap, bonafide MOTO player can be a good move for this organization. And, he's not just cheap, he's very cheap. He's like a gold chain at the 99 cent store cheap.

Justin Smoak is better than Mark Trumbo this year. Nuff said.

You have been saything that these two should have been traded for pitching all season.  However, you never tell us who an opposing team has offered for Bourjos or Trumbo.  I am the biggest Bourjos fan on this board and I said I would trade him for a legit major league starter.  So tell me, your the GM, who do you think you can get for Bourjos or Trumbo!

Yup! :)

But yeah, since I'm not apart of the Angels front office, I have no idea what offers came in for those two players.

If I'm the GM, I trade them for prospects. Pitching prospects. I can pick out a number of pitching prospects from any organization, since I follow the minor leagues very, very closely. I think our best trade partner for those players would be the Mets. My target pitchers would be Noah Syndergaard as the main piece, with Luis Cessa and Erick Goeddel as the complimentary spects.

Just some perspective on Trumbo.  Since August 1st, 2012:

145 games 

558 AB

69 R

129 H

22 2B

0 3B

26 HR

83 RBI

45 BB

183 K

.231 avg .289 OBP .410 SLG .699 OPS

That is a season's worth of suck.  Might be time to see if some team wants to give up a top of the rotation projectable cost controlled starter for him.

145 games 

558 AB

69 R

129 H

22 2B

0 3B

26 HR

83 RBI

45 BB

183 K

That is a season's worth of suck.  Might be time to see if some team wants to give up a top of the rotation projectable cost controlled starter for him.

How about just a little more perspective....

Walks - 4th (team)

Runs scored - 2nd (team)

RBI - 3rd (team)

Walks - 14th (MLB 1st baseman)

Runs scored - 5th (MLB 1B)

RBI - 10th (MLB 1B)

Overrated or underrated?

How about just a little more perspective....

Walks - 4th (team)

Runs scored - 2nd (team)

RBI - 3rd (team)

Walks - 14th (MLB 1st baseman)

Runs scored - 5th (MLB 1B)

RBI - 10th (MLB 1B)

Overrated or underrated?

I don't know whether to laugh at your post or feel sorry for how you perceive success in baseball. Trumbo has sucked for the past 6 months.

Any who, the one thing I'm REALLY scared about is that we end up trading Trumbo like Texas traded Davis, and then he finally learns some plate discipline and goes bizerk. Trumbo probably has more power than Davis and better plate coverage, so if he does end up learning some discipline (and we've seen how good he can be when he actually does), it could end up being another ''why did we trade him'' situation.

145 games 

558 AB

69 R

129 H

22 2B

0 3B

26 HR

83 RBI

45 BB

183 K

Since you have established that Trumbo apparently sucks, what makes you think you can land anything decent in return for him?

Yup! :)

But yeah, since I'm not apart of the Angels front office, I have no idea what offers came in for those two players.

If I'm the GM, I trade them for prospects. Pitching prospects. I can pick out a number of pitching prospects from any organization, since I follow the minor leagues very, very closely. I think our best trade partner for those players would be the Mets. My target pitchers would be Noah Syndergaard as the main piece, with Luis Cessa and Erick Goeddel as the complimentary spects.

well I agree with you that if we could get a legit major league quality pitcher that we should trade them.  However, I wouldn't for another Blanton.  You are also correct that you are not part of the Angel front office nor any other front office so you don't know if the Angels have had any offers for any good pitching prospect.  As far as we know we can get is another Brad Mills.

Trumbo has more perceived than actual value, and Calhoun has more actual than perceived value. You don't trade players of the latter kind, but you do trade players of the former kind.

Ok...

And in return we get a player who has more perceived value than actual value, so it all evens out, right?

I'd consider a Trumbo for De Paula and Gary Sanchez trade. Whether the Yankees would be willing to do that is a different story.

I still wonder if they could get Taillon from the Pirates.

I doubt the yankees do trumbo for just sanchez.  And the Pirates aren't getting rid of Taillon

Pirates are 6 games ahead in the WC. They aren't desperate for a trade and won't give up their top pitching prospect (let alone one of the top pitching prospects in the league). Outside of Locke and Cole, their rotation is aging. Liriano is 29 and probably has a couple good years. Wandy Rodriguez is 34 and AJ is 36. They are relying on Taillon to help solidify their rotation for years to come. Besides Taillon, their pitching talent drops down to Tyler Glasnow (who recently is showing signs of becoming a top 50 prospect).

The Pirates are ranked among the lowest in offense so they would be looking for some bats. But I don't see them giving up Taillon for Trumbo...not even close. Taillon is the type of talent that would be involved in a blockbuster trade. But would the Angels be willing to give up Trumbo for a questionable Glasnow?? I doubt it.

Pirates are 6 games ahead in the WC. They aren't desperate for a trade and won't give up their top pitching prospect (let alone one of the top pitching prospects in the league). Outside of Locke and Cole, their rotation is aging. Liriano is 29 and probably has a couple good years. Wandy Rodriguez is 34 and AJ is 36. They are relying on Taillon to help solidify their rotation for years to come. Besides Taillon, their pitching talent drops down to Tyler Glasnow (who recently is showing signs of becoming a top 50 prospect).

The Pirates are ranked among the lowest in offense so they would be looking for some bats. But I don't see them giving up Taillon for Trumbo...not even close. Taillon is the type of talent that would be involved in a blockbuster trade. But would the Angels be willing to give up Trumbo for a questionable Glasnow?? I doubt it.

I think they should consider it. Maybe if they can get another potential arm too it becomes a very good deal for the Angels. 

Don't forget the pirates are only 2 back in the division. No one wants their season riding on a one game playoff. Winning the division would be big for them.

If that were the case, the trade would have happened already

More then likely, this is correct but they may also still consider Trumbo untouchable based on perceived potential.  If that's the case, they may be right and he may turn a corner at some point but that's an ugly season worth of AB's.