• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Trumbo? Are y'all nuts?!?

I was completely against it but these slumps are getting out of hand. He hits homeruns and that's it. He doesn't walk, he strikes out a TON, and he doesn't hit for extra bases outside of the occasional bloop double. As I said in the GDT last night, he is Adam Dunn minus the plate discipline.

If the idea is to trade him for a rental, then I absolutely agree that the Angels shouldn't even consider that. However, if you can get a solid pitching prospect or two out of the deal, or even package him to trade for a guy like Hellickson, then I think you have to consider it.

I was completely against it but these slumps are getting out of hand. He hits homeruns and that's it. He doesn't walk, he strikes out a TON, and he doesn't hit for extra bases outside of the occasional bloop double. As I said in the GDT last night, he is Adam Dunn minus the plate discipline.

If the idea is to trade him for a rental, then I absolutely agree that the Angels shouldn't even consider that. However, if you can get a solid pitching prospect or two out of the deal, or even package him to trade for a guy like Hellickson, then I think you have to consider it.

Yep. They need to trade Iannetta as well

Yeah, the only reason he's valuable is because he's making the league minimum and is under team control for three more years.  Still striking out at over 25% and not disciplined enough to balance it out.

I don't really see us getting anything valuable for Trumbo anyways.  He's pretty much a one-tool 2 WAR guy with mediocre defense.  Would probably have to package him and Calhoun to get any decent arms. 

Good to see people coming around on Trumbo and Bourjos. They should have been traded for pitching this past offseason though.

Bourjos shouldn't have been traded this past off season. He was coming off a terrible season. I think his value is decent now if he can stay healthy for the rest of season once he returns. He could be traded in the offseason.

Bourjos shouldn't have been traded this past off season. He was coming off a terrible season. I think his value is decent now if he can stay healthy for the rest of season once he returns. He could be traded in the offseason.

He was coming off a poor production season, but I believe GM's around the league were well aware of a guy named Mike Trout pushing Bourjos out leaving him with sporadic playing time. I believe his value was still high. Especially with a whole extra year of club control.

I agree, however Trumbo plays 1B too which is valuable right now.  Bourjos will probably bring more in trade, and is easier to replace due to just playing the OF.

Trumbo is the most one dimensional player on the team.  He has one tool, power,  Okay, that one tool is damn impressive and power like his is a real rarity currently but it's one tool.  As far as 1B goes, if the Angels have any real faith in CJ Cron, then trading Trumbo shouldn't be that scary to them.   PB's talents on the defensive side make him immensely more valuable than Trumbo.

He was coming off a poor production season, but I believe GM's around the league were well aware of a guy named Mike Trout pushing Bourjos out leaving him with sporadic playing time. I believe his value was still high. Especially with a whole extra year of club control.

Still would have been a case of them selling low,  A team with a farm system like ours can't be pissing away club controlled players -- particularly when they will need to pay through the nose to keep that Trout guy.

Still would have been a case of them selling low,  A team with a farm system like ours can't be pissing away club controlled players -- particularly when they will need to pay through the nose to keep that Trout guy.

We can get spects in return for those guys that would also be club controlled. Trumbo and Bourjos will also be due for raises in the coming years, so it would make sense to trade the expendables for prospects to keep the face of baseball on the Angels.

I don't understand how trading away a cheap, bonafide MOTO player can be a good move for this organization. And, he's not just cheap, he's very cheap. He's like a gold chain at the 99 cent store cheap.

Originally, I was against this, but the more I see of Trumbo I'm wondering if we should just take the returns while his stock is high especially if Cron can replace him. We can pick someone up for a year or so cheaply and hope that the players we gothelp the club in the future.

Trumbo is probably the most overrated Angel among Angels fans. But the other thing is that he has decent trade value, perhaps greater value in trade than on the field.

In a way Trumbo and Calhoun are opposites: Trumbo has more perceived than actual value, and Calhoun has more actual than perceived value. You don't trade players of the latter kind, but you do trade players of the former kind.

Bourjos, who has more actual and perceived value than either, is more balanced. A lot of teams would love to have him but he's also very valuable to the team.

The thing about Trumbo that perplexes me is that he can look so good for a month and then SO BAD for a month.  Guys have slumps but he is beyond that.  He goes from taking pitches getting his pitch to swinging at anything and everything.

Trumbo is probably the most overrated Angel among Angels fans. But the other thing is that he has decent trade value, perhaps greater value in trade than on the field.

In a way Trumbo and Calhoun are opposites: Trumbo has more perceived than actual value, and Calhoun has more actual than perceived value. You don't trade players of the latter kind, but you do trade players of the former kind.

Bourjos, who has more actual and perceived value than either, is more balanced. A lot of teams would love to have him but he's also very valuable to the team.

Bourjos is like the delorean...looks great...people go nuts when they see it..but its built terribly and you don't see it much anymore.

If trumbos value is truly enough to get a club controlled #3 starter of similar age/eligibility then I'm all for it. It has to be someone already contributing at the major league level. Problem is, there are probably very few if any teams with said pitcher who would be willing to give them up for a hitter.