• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

tablets.

mrwicked

Here are the specs for my pops:

- Easily run Microsoft Word docs with editing capabilities.

- External SD slot. The cloud stuff is wayyyy over my dad's head. Plus he won't be connected to the web when he's at an event.

- This is NOT a replacement for a laptop/desktop. He will still do most of his work at home but just needs a tablet to read his script in the field.

- Access his email

- Surf the web

Would like budget around $300. Have no clue why anyone would buy a Windows Pro tablet at $800+.

Yeah I'm taking a look more at the Galaxy Note 10. This thing is pretty bad ass. I still will use my laptop for all of my important stuff. The tablet will be there for entertainment/on the road purposes I suppose. If I could squeeze a Surface Pro2 out of them I'd be stoked hah. Looks like a beast.

I'm sure you already know this, but the galaxy note 10 was developed by grad students at the Ohio state university.

Standardized Test Deviations were indeed first recognized and catalogued by the Buckeyes - thanks for the reminder, Nate.

As for ugly women, most of them are from Indiana.its our inherent Ohioan kindness that welcomes anyone to campus.

I know this is over the budget, Nick but this is an insane deal.  http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/109068/staples---lenovo-ideapad-flex-15-touch-screen-laptop-core-i5-4200u-8gb-ddr3-500gb-hdd-8gb-ssd-15.6-1366x768-led-4-cell-windows-8?utm_campaign=109068&utm_medium=fptweet&utm_source=twitter

Staples has Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 Touch Screen Laptop (59387570) on sale for $500 - $15 off with coupon code 16010 $485Shipping is free. Thanks GeraltM

Specs

• Intel Core i5 4200U 1.6GHz
  • 8GB DDR3
  • 500GB HDD + 8GB SSD
  • 15.6" 1366x768 LED Display with 10-Point Multi Touch
  • Intel HD Graphics 4400
  • WiFi N
  • 1x USB 3.0
  • 4-cell Battery
  • Windows 8

Price Comparison: Our research indicates that the Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 Touch Screen Laptop (59387570) is $157 lower (24% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices ranging from $642 to $738. - yuugotserved

Deal Editor's Note: Great price compared to a few other retailers on a 4th gen Haswell touch-screen laptop! - yuugotserved

Somewhat off-topic, I highly recommend this for tablet owners.  13000 mAh.

Enough to fully charge a tablet twice in many cases

Rosewill is Newegg's brand but it uses Samsung batteries inside.  Never had a problem with Rosewill products, always well made.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=75-949-124

If you buy don't forget the $10 off coupon

Picked up the HP Pavilion X2 yesterday (using it now to post this).

It's a laptop where the screen pops off and becomes a tablet and runs the full version of Windows 8.1.

So far, I like it, although I have been running into some issues as far as navigation is concerned, but that's more of the learning curve than anything else, I think.

The thing I like most of all about it is its ability to run anything I have for my desktop, and its ability to "just work".

I'm still playing around with it so far, though, so I have yet to run full functionality on it. But I got this because I had an IPad before and it was great for fun stuff, but sucked monkey balls for doing anything work related.

• 4 weeks later...

Just get chrome for the iPad.

FWIW Flash is an archaic format that is being phased out so none of the idevices will support it natively.

Agree. Flash should be taken out to a field and beaten like an office printer. Steve Jobs was a 100% right on his opinion of them. Android has since followed suit. HTML5 is far far superior to Flash.

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look at the HP I referenced above. Not too pricy and it can run all of your existing windows programs, including Office.

Plus, when it's plugged into the keyboard but unplugged from the wall, I can get 6-8 hours on one charge. As a tablet, though, I get 2-4, depending on what I'm running

Edited by Eric

Is Windows 8 really that bad?

No. This biggest complaint people have about it is the metro layout and gimping desktop mode. If you get a laptop/desktop with it or a Surface Pro then you can just install this program http://www.classicshell.net/ to get your old fashioned start button back. You can also boot directly to desktop instead of the tile interface so you'll never even need to know the tiles are there. Once you do that it's almost identical to Windows 7 except for a few small improvements to navigation in the file explorer.