• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

tablets.

mrwicked

My boss is getting us all tablets for Christmas. Debating between the iPad Air and the Galaxy Tab 2. Thoughts on these? I'm thinking the Galaxy Tab since I'm so used to the os.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.  You can take all your notes from your meetings using you S-Pen.  People would be jealous!

I heard you can play the piano on a iPad.

Why play the piano when you can play the drums instead - Drum Pad 24.

I heard a guy who had it and it sounded really good (not annoying like you would expect with the name). It's more of a beat pad than drum. The guy was letting others use it and it seemed real easy to pickup. Kind of a fun little app.

• 2 weeks later...

you can play windows games on a macbook too.

throw fusion on there and whatever version of windows you like. 

no need to ever be forced to have a windows-only machine - those are a dying breed. 

Glad you can drop an ap on a $2k MacBook to join the world of gaming at an entry level but if you are talking tablets then your iPad is going to be hatching Angry Birds or playing chopsticks while the IBM geek on a Surface next to you is rolling some beat down in Halo.

Glad you can drop an ap on a $2k MacBook to join the world of gaming at an entry level but if you are talking tablets then your iPad is going to be hatching Angry Birds or playing chopsticks while the IBM geek on a Surface next to you is rolling some beat down in Halo.

lol.

i dont play games. 

but i'll keep that in mind and make sure to pick up a surface for a couple bucks when MS does their next $1b write-down of unsold inventory.

Why do they want it to support MS Word?  Tablets are not good for writing on.  They would be better off with a laptop.

Uh.., the Surface 2 has a keyboard and can run MS Word along with any other Microsoft product. I know this is kind of a foreign concept for you guys that think tablets are only for watching Net Flix or checking your twitter account but actual work can be done if you buy the right one.

Edited by Mudville

Uh.., the Surface 2 has a keyboard and can run MS Word along with any other Microsoft product. I know this is kind of a foreign concept for you guys that think tablets are only for watching Net Flix or checking your twitter account but actual work can be done if you buy the right one.

Oh really??  do they have the internets too?  What is the modem speed?

They keyboards they come with are not good for lots of typing which was my point.

Nick, any of the major tablet brands/OS would be able to read word documents and modify them.  If he goes Google I would suggest he start doing his work on Google Drive.  Everything he did would be saved in the cloud and accessed from his computer or on the device.

Oh really??  do they have the internets too?  What is the modem speed?

They keyboards they come with are not good for lots of typing which was my point.

Nick, any of the major tablet brands/OS would be able to read word documents and modify them.  If he goes Google I would suggest he start doing his work on Google Drive.  Everything he did would be saved in the cloud and accessed from his computer or on the device.

No , your point is you want Mancini's dad to buy what you have even though it does not provide him with any of the tools he wants. Your like the car salesman that is pushing someone into a Smart car when what he needed was an SUV.

Pretty much why I only talk about the Pro series. They are replacement laptops for the most part and if Mancini's dad is used to using an PC desktop or laptop he could slide over to the Surface and not skip a beat.

No wannabe scaled down ap programs to deal with, he can use everything he is familiar with and still have USB and extended memory card reader support to easily move files from desktop or laptop to his Pro to edit and work mobile without having to deal with document translations.

Currently it is the only tablet on the market that meets those needs. Everything else is a compromised work around.

Edited by Mudville

He seems to want to replace a laptop, not just get a tablet for it's compact size. If it is all about needs then price point is irrelevant in terms of the laptop market (MACs are 2k for the good ones) since it is for professional use and a tax write off. If you just are playing around and use a tablet for some internet browsing, check your email and watch a movie the costs are more based on entertainment value and not professional usage so the $400 market is where you are at.

Edited by Mudville

I have no clue why someone buy the surface pro for that price tag. The casing looks cheaper on he asus but for more than half the price it is a no brainer. The RAM on the asus seems to run things fine. I guess the difference is if you are a big time gamer. I haven't been seriously into a video game since super techno bowl.

The T100 is selling out like crazy everywhere right now.

Edited by TylerP