• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

tablets.

mrwicked

I don't hate Windows 8...my desktop is running it. In essence I don't even realize I'm running it, as long as I have the apps I need the OS is superfluous. The same goes for items like tablets and iphone. We have a kindle fire, ipad, and iphones...once I open the app, it doesn't really matter. The kindle reading app, amazon cloud player, evernote, etc. that's really what drives usage.

I wonder what the numbers and financials would have looked like if they had priced it more aggressively.

I assume that their models showed that they would look worse, but at least they'd have more units out there... maybe.

This is one of the reasons for the price structure between the iPad and the Microsoft tablet.

Windows-Market-Share.jpg

All of MS's software R&D costs are differed through their PC clients which represents over 90% of the world market. That is a huge war chest. Apple is using it's 35% iPhone market to try and subsidize all of it's R&D for both software and proprietary hardware. They are sunk more heavily in production costs which forces them to price their product higher.

This is one of the reasons for the price structure between the iPad and the Microsoft tablet.

Windows-Market-Share.jpg

All of MS's software R&D costs are differed through their PC clients which represents over 90% of the world market. That is a huge war chest. Apple is using it's 35% iPhone market to try and subsidize all of it's R&D for both software and proprietary hardware. They are sunk more heavily in production costs which forces them to price their product higher.

MS definitely has a strangehold on the PC market OS, but the PC market is dying (it's shrinking quickly every quarter).

The world is shifting to mobile (phones and tablets) and apple and android are dominating there as we all know.

MS does fine in enterprise though, so they aren't going away anytime soon.

But it's a sinking ship and has been for years.

new nexus 7 released today here in the city.

its a play against ipad mini. looks nice.

speaking of which im gonna grab a mini when the new ones come out with the badass screen. they are sick.

Google Unveils The New Nexus 7 Android Tablet, An iPad Mini Rival With A Super Screen Available July 30

http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/24/google-unveils-the-new-nexus-7-android-powered-tablet/

Even though it is .9 inches, the difference in screen size of the mini and the Nexus 7 is really big.  The Nexus 7 just feels like an over sized Android phone.  The mini feels more like a tablet.

I would wait on a mini though since it should come out with a high resolution screen in a couple months.

I sold my Nexus 7 a few months ago.  The iPad 4 I have is good enough, don't need a smaller tablet.

i'm very satisfied with my ipad. lots of things still to learn about what it can do, but i can read books, listen to music, store pictures, and write documents, and i'm very satisfied with that.

next project is to buy appletv and connect them so i can do power point presentations with it.

• 3 months later...

The problem with talking tablets is that people are willing to be working off of a phone ap and chip, then saying that is where they comfortable. But if you were to toss away your laptop and rely entirely on a tablet then none of the Mac, Samsung or other manufacturer's would provide what you need to do actual office work instead of just checking email and watching youtubes of cats playing with yarn.

The only full featured tablet that runs a real i5 chip, 8 gigs of ram, a 512 gig hard drive, that can process full feature MS Office programs and allow you to easily work outside of a desktop would be the Surface Pro2. But it is costly, the same as a full feature laptop and puts you on the Windows 8 software that few people really like.

But it isn't a phone with a big screen and that is the difference. It is all about what you really need and want out of a tablet. Is it a mobile accessory for web browsing and some limited productivity or do you want to replace a laptop?

Yeah I'm taking a look more at the Galaxy Note 10. This thing is pretty bad ass. I still will use my laptop for all of my important stuff. The tablet will be there for entertainment/on the road purposes I suppose. If I could squeeze a Surface Pro2 out of them I'd be stoked hah. Looks like a beast.

It is the only functional computer of the tablet community but it is also the most expensive. Don't be hoodwinked into the regular surface or surface 2 those are also the phone tech tablets that are their entry price point options. In no way do they compare and if you had to choose between them and the note then go Galaxy or even iPad.