• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Peter Bourjos suffers a setback

Is Calhoun in Scioscia's doghouse? Don't understand why they don't give him a shot.

Calhoun was injured at the beginning of the year so he missed an early shot when people started going on the DL. 

As for now, Shuck is gritty so Scioscia will love him.  He has no power and has trouble fielding his position but his 0 HR's reminds him of WIllits and that's priceless

Calhoun has now played in 52 games, pretty much 2 months worth.

That should be long enough, unless they prefer that he plays every day until September 1.

Can Shuck even be sent down?   The BA/OBP is solid, but of course the defense and SLG% are anything but. 

But Calhoun will be forcing the Halos hand at some point, if not already.

Would the clock start though?   He would only be playing 2 months up here.

Wouldn't his first arb year still be after 2016, whether he starts playing up here now or in September?

Wouldn't his FA still be after 2019, whether playing up here now or in September? 

Also, in addition to the nearly 1.000 OPS so far, he has 10 SBs and 25 BBs in the first 52 games.

The guy runs the bases well, plays the OF well (both corner spots), hits well, and has solid plate discipline.

Can't ask for much more.

Try Hamilton as DH, DL Pujols, Trumbo to 1B, and Calhoun takes RF....once Bourjos returns.

Calhoun is hitting around .340/.410/.560 in 50+ games now, and has almost as many walks as strikeouts (25/28).  Also has 10 SB, 5 3B's and 8 HR.  

If he's not forcing their hand by now, I can't imagine what they're waiting for.  

Must be the HRs that bothers Scioscia...he's not enough like Willits...Shuck is the man....

^Congratulations. You've hated on the guy since I can remember and now you seem delighted one of the better performers on the team this year is not around. Some fan. ;)

Out of a lot of guys on our team, I really thought Bourjos would not be as injury prone. He has seemed to be quite fragile in his tenure.

What kinda scares me is how he will respond on the field once he heals come mid-August, being out of the game for such a long time, especially if we *happen* to be in any kind of contention for the playoffs. Hopefully he doesn't need too much "seasoning" and can get right back in it.

^Congratulations. You've hated on the guy since I can remember and now you seem delighted one of the better performers on the team this year is not around. Some fan. ;)

Out of a lot of guys on our team, I really thought Bourjos would not be as injury prone. He has seemed to be quite fragile in his tenure.

What kinda scares me is how he will respond on the field once he heals come mid-August, being out of the game for such a long time, especially if we *happen* to be in any kind of contention for the playoffs. Hopefully he doesn't need too much "seasoning" and can get right back in it.

Haters gonna hate