• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Post All-Star break expectations and predictions

Jimmag

It has been another disappointing season to date, I can not believe how this team has underachieved the last two years. Some thoughts on expectations and predictions for the remainder of the season.

I expect our starting pitching to be better. Weaver will lead the way. CJ will be CJ and give enough to win. I expect Hanson to be more available. I expect Vargas to return to pre injury form. Please move Williams to the pen and promote Richards. I do not have any expectations from Blanton (please surprise me) or better yet please find a new employer.

I expect our hitting to be good. They really need to get to left handed pitching. This has been a problem. I expect Trout to be better (if that is possible) and Kendrick will regress. I expect our defense to improve this is a must for us to win games.

Prediction: we will finish 4 games out of a wild card position again falling just short of the playoffs.

What are your expectations for the rest of the year? Predictions?

It has been another disappointing season to date, I can not believe how this team has underachieved the last two years. Some thoughts on expectations and predictions for the remainder of the season.

I expect our starting pitching to be better. Weaver will lead the way. CJ will be CJ and give enough to win. I expect Hanson to be more available. I expect Vargas to return to pre injury form. Please move Williams to the pen and promote Richards. I do not have any expectations from Blanton (please surprise me) or better yet please find a new employer.

I expect our hitting to be good. They really need to get to left handed pitching. This has been a problem. I expect Trout to be better (if that is possible) and Kendrick will regress. I expect our defense to improve this is a must for us to win games.

Prediction: we will finish 4 games out of a wild card position again falling just short of the playoffs.

What are your expectations for the rest of the year? Predictions?

I wasn't expecting a great season so I am not that disappointed.  I was expecting to be competitive.  The reason why I had my doubts on this season was becaue I felt there were too many question marks on pitching.  AND I guess I was right, because poor starting pitching has killed us.

I expect the team to finish above .500 but out of the playoffs.  Unless one of Hanson, Blanton, Richards,or Williams can establish themselves as a solid third option with Vargas out, 60% of their starts are in question.  I like the way the BP is coming together and I think Frieri has the stuff to establish himself as a premier closer.  Here are some other predictions:

Josh Hamilton will finish with an OPS above .800 but the low .800's

Pujols will make a DL trip at some point if he keeps struggling numbers-wise

Downs will get traded if they are floundering at the All Star break

Trumbo will finish with an OPS under .800

The next two weeks are crucial.  If they don't make significant gains in terms of wild card standing, I think you will see some movement on the roster, possibly given Jimenez and Calhoun some steady reps. 

I would be happy enough if they just played over .500 ball from now until the end of the season.

The Halos that I have the most confidence in right now are: Trout, Bourjos, Aybar, Conger, Weaver, Wilson, Vargas, and the bullpen (including Williams).   

Kendrick is a maybe, only because he is up and down with his OPS.  

I have "maybe" confidence in Pujols, Hamilton, and Trumbo.

That's as far as I will go.

Both Pujols and Trumbo will finish with batting averages under .260. Albert will get his 500th home run the last week of the year, but his 2013 total will be around 25.

I'll predict 27 HR, 90 RBI.

Trout will finish with at least a .975 OPS. He will score at least 100 runs and drive in at least 90.

Angels will go 8-11 in their first three weeks post-ASB.

Angels will finish the season 73-89.

I think is wrong to say this team doesn't have desire or play with heart. They've had more late comeback wins than most teams and I haven't seen much evidence that says otherwise.  There is no doubt this team feels the pressure from all sides ... sometime that's a problem in it's self.

I expect the team to put up a winning record in the second half. Doubtful if that will be enough to get into the playoffs.

I am hoping this 4 day break came at a great time, and they come out refocused.

Any further word on when Bourjos and Vargas return?

Bourjos' wrist hasn't fully healed yet. He's still hoping he can return by the end of the month. Vargas won't be able to throw off the mound for at least another 7-10 days.

@Alden_Gonzalez: A very attractive arm could still be on the disabled list by the time the #tradedeadline comes and goes ... http://t.co/0NLNHZbHND #Angels

@Alden_Gonzalez: #Angels notes on Bourjos, Vargas, Burnett, Hanson, etc. are up: http://t.co/qlMORH1VIB

Josh Hamilton will finish with an OPS above .800 but the low .800's

Going to be pretty hard.  Hope you're right, but given that more than half of the season is gone and he's at an OPS of .696 right now, he'd have to have one comfortably over .900 the rest of the way to get to .800+ for the season.

Bourjos' wrist hasn't fully healed yet. He's still hoping he can return by the end of the month. Vargas won't be able to throw off the mound for at least another 7-10 days.

@Alden_Gonzalez: A very attractive arm could still be on the disabled list by the time the #tradedeadline comes and goes ... http://t.co/0NLNHZbHND #Angels

@Alden_Gonzalez: #Angels notes on Bourjos, Vargas, Burnett, Hanson, etc. are up: http://t.co/qlMORH1VIB

****s sake