• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPY Awards

i'm not even bothering to watch tonight, figuring it was probably going to be a miami heat love fest. no interest in watching that.

From what I heard it pretty much was. I was also listening to discussion on local sports talk radio about the ESPYs. ESPN spends between $7-8M per year on it, and it is a ratings loser. However, people within the network who have brought up getting rid of it have been told that the program is essentially untouchable, since this is ESPN's night to engage in unbridled self promotion. 

I went to the Espy's two years ago, pretty amazing event. I haven't watched it since then but only because of prior engagements. I can understand the dislike for what they focus on with their awards (Miami Heat), but how can you hate the Espy's? It's for an amazing cause, it has highlights of incredible plays or seasons. They usually have a very funny host. Oh and they give out the Arthur Ash award. If you hate the Espy's then how do you enjoy the real beauty of sports?

• 6 years later...