• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

AngelsWin.com

My name is afrochild and i'm an Angels fan. Been lurking here all season wanting to post but with such a disappoint season i didn't want to give in because i would be expressing my anger via message board but i finally gave in because i've come to the realization that this team is not getting any better so i might as well have fun with it with fellow Angel fans!

• 2 weeks later...

long time lurker.  First (and only) Angels game was in 1977, upper deck of the third base line, vs. the Yankees.  Paul Hartzell started, was disappointed, as I wanted to see Nolan Ryan.  Grew up in the mid-west, so didn't like how the Angels got Lymon Bostock, Bert Blyleven, Rod Carew.  However, Bobby Grich was one of my favorite players, along with Doug DeCinces (grandpa was an Orioles fan), and of course, Nolan. 

Became a Cardinal fan when stationed outside StL (they'd let you in free with a military ID, and allow you to bring in soft sided coolers with drinks in plastic bottles).  Ride the train in, and you are talking $20 total for a MLB game.  Edmonds, Spiezio, Eckstein, Percival, Glaus.

Wish to see the Angels be competitive year in and year out, my favorite AL team.

Edited by Senor Piva

Hey there, everyone.  My name is Brian, and I've been an Angels fan since attending my first game in 1980.  I've stuck with the team through thick and thin, and I can think of few things in my life that have given me as much pleasure as - or that have contributed more to my hair loss than - the California/Anaheim/L.A. Angels.

I've been privileged to attend some pretty notable games in my time, none more so than the game in which Rod Carew collected his 3,000th career hit.  I was also in the stands during Jim Abbott's first career start at the Big A, Bobby Grich Night, the game at which the Angels honored Carl Yaszemski during his final season, and what turned out to be the last time that Gene Autry publicly addressed the crowd at the stadium.

I posted a few times to the old AngelsWin.com message board, and I have been following the board daily for years.  Thank you for letting me be part, if only a quiet part, of the community.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello my name is Mario and I've been a Angels fan for as long as I can remember. My dad took me to my first Angels game when I was a kid and I've been hooked ever since. I currently have season tickets with no plans on giving them up! I look forward to interacting with halos fans cause we're the best. 

Hi to all. 

1.  I'm a Cardinal fan first but Baseball fan second.

2.  My day job is financial systems/data analysis.  I built a spreadsheet scoring system in early July (when the Cards were playing Angels) that I then used for the entire 2013 season/postseason for the Cards.  I think the system does a great job showing "little things" like taking extra bases and advancing runners. 

3.  The team I decided to analyze during the offseason was the Angels and I'm really glad I did because they've been fascinating - especially in comparison to STL.

I'm trying hard to find baseball people to review and critique my system.  After the Freese/Bourjos trade I browsed here and it seems like a really good forum plus I'm scoring/analyzing the Angels so it made sense to create an account.  I've only scored the first 54 Angels games so far and have some questions/comments.

How shall I proceed to get feedback?  New thread?

Any/all advice is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone !!! Long time Angel fan and poster was posting with Chuckyyy and Delnoce , Mark H, Halo , Carl and several others on the old L.A. Times board. Then we became the L.A. Times refugees and Chuckyyy started up this site. I sure miss the fun and memories of the the times we shared on those old boards, Sure do miss those day. I have been a fan of the Angels since the Cowboy's days. I remember watching Reggie Jackson play for the Angels and Nolan Ryan pitch for us in his youth. Players I got to watch wearing the Angels uniform growing up outside of Ryan and Jackson were ... Bruce Bochte , Rod Carew , Micky Rivers , Jim Fregosi , Sandy Alomar , Bobby Bonds, Don Baylor , Bobby Grich, Frank Tanana , Mike Witt , Doug Decinces and Bob Boone and so so many more. I have stayed in touch with Chukyyy through facebook and visited the site here several times. I have had chuckyyy log me in a few times but have never been able to log back in. So I created a new I.D. and hope to post more in the future. Can any of you old posters remember who I am? Anyway looking forward to spending more time on these boards.

Edited by Halofan

Hello everyone !!! Long time Angel fan and poster was posting with Chuckyyy and Delnoce , Mark H, Halo , Carl and several others on the old L.A. Times board. Then we became the L.A. Times refugees and Chuckyyy started up this site. I sure miss the fun and memories of the the times we shared on those old boards, Sure do miss those day. I have been a fan of the Angels since the Cowboy's days. I remember watching Reggie Jackson play for the Angels and Nolan Ryan pitch for us in his youth. Players I got to watch wearing the Angels uniform growing up outside of Ryan and Jackson were ... Bruce Bochte , Rod Carew , Micky Rivers , Jim Fregosi , Sandy Alomar , Bobby Bonds, Don Baylor , Bobby Grich, Frank Tanana , Mike Witt , Doug Decinces and Bob Boone and so so many more. I have stayed in touch with Chukyyy through facebook and visited the site here several times. I have had chuckyyy log me in a few times but have never been able to log back in. So I created a new I.D. and hope to post more in the future. Can any of you old posters remember who I am? Anyway looking forward to spending more time on these boards.

Woah, old school reference. What was your screen name on Tony's LA Times Refugees board?

Pablo, Halo, Angelsjunky, Big Del and Salome are all members here. Some post more than others.

Hello chuckyyy haven't heard from Pablo or Angelsjunky, Salome or Halo (Scott Thurman) in a long time. I have you and Big Del and Mark Hennemeth (sp?) as friends on facebook... I sure hope I don't get any of those warning points on your site as I'm sure you remember I like to mix it up from time to time...lol... :D

Old Screen name... Most of you old timers know me as Beerman... lol... One of the originals...lol...

Hello chuckyyy haven't heard from Pablo or Angelsjunky, Salome or Halo (Scott Thurman) in a long time. I have you and Big Del and Mark Hennemeth (sp?) as friends on facebook... I sure hope I don't get any of those warning points on your site as I'm sure you remember I like to mix it up from time to time...lol... :D

Old Screen name... Most of you old timers know me as Beerman... lol... One of the originals...lol...

Ah Beerman!!! Welcome man. Good to have you around again.

Of course I could of said I was Carl...lol...Wonder what ever happened to him? And the guy the other Texas Ranger fan that use to post with us... He always said he smelled so good..lol... I think his name was moneyg...

CarlG still posts here, but only right around ST when he tries to get us all riled up, trollin.

You're thinking of Leisuresuit Larry. Moneyg was a Dodgers fan.