• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

AngelsWin.com

My name is Willy.  I'm 52 and grew up in Long Beach; thank goodness my dad (may he RIP) hated driving to Ghetto Ravine but he had no problem taking me to Angel games from the time I was six.

So I'm a lifer; good, bad, ugly.  Every day during baseball season the past 40 plus years I've bought a paper and checked the Angel boxscore even when I knew the outcome.

I live in Tulsa, OK now and still follow the team; have MLB network online but can't stay up for every inning of the west coast games but I see what I can.

Enjoy the website; looking forward to being part of it.

Hi there...

First post here, I'm an Angels fan from Geneva, Switzerland ( not Sweden, ha!). Dunno if there are many european followers around here, we don't have much baseball in my country...

I hope I can discuss around here as much as possible and also get some technical infos sometimes on the game itself ( Yes, a few aspects of the game are still a bit uncertain to me, I'm sure you will help :P)

See ya !

One quick pointer, USA baseball uses a bat instead of an oar like the silly English.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellow Angel fans.

My name is Jen and im 25 years old and been an angel fan since i can remember!! GO ANGELS!!

I try to go to as much angels games as I can and i usually post on twitter when i do. Thank you for making this site for all of us angel fans to connect.

Ill see everyone at a game soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Angel Fans.

I'm a life long fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, transplanted in Las Vegas.

I do follow the Angels because of Albert and because all their games are broadcast on local channels here in NV.    

Hope to see the Halos turn things around this summer!

Hey Angel Fans.

I'm a life long fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, transplanted in Las Vegas.

I do follow the Angels because of Albert and because all their games are broadcast on local channels here in NV.    

Hope to see the Halos turn things around this summer!

Welcome aboard. My late father was a lifelong Cards fan. The first baseball game he ever took me to was a spring training game in Jacksonville in 1963, Stan Musial's last year. Still have Musial's autograph on a 1963 Jacksonville Suns game program.

I could of sworn I posted on the new site but oh well.

Here goes.

Went to a game on September 25, 2011. It was against the Texas Rangers and I saw Trout. Have been a fan since. (Bf thinks I have left the Red Sox, he he) Joined about halfway through 2012 on the old forum, found the site on twitter via a Mike Giovanni article. Name is the same as the old forum. Definitely love the way the forums look and operate, and attempting to get the bf to join because it is a great place. Definitely hope to be more active in the forum.

Hi everyone, I was born a NY Mets fan on Lawn GuyLand but became an Angels fan when I moved to Los Angeles 35 years ago (I was very young. I was a sperm. Ok, not that young) and realized that rooting for the Dodgers was against the laws of nature. I was elated/deflated in '79, '82, and '86 and stunned/delirious in '02. I love this team and enjoy this site, so here I am.

Hey ! The names Chris. Been an Angel fan since '99. Lived in LA recently moved over to Corona. Well my recent is 3 years ago lol so not that recent. Favorite All-Time player is Roberto Clemente. Favorite All time Angel is Tim Salmon .Current favorite Angel Mike Trout and will most likely dethrone King Fish of his spot. So I hope. Looking forward to have discussions with you guys. Any questions just ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Nick. Fell in love with the Baseball/Angels through sabermetrics (Recently received B.S. in Mathematics) the past few years and now I just breathe baseball 24/7, regretting the fact I wasn't more into the sport when I was younger (my dad was a big football guy; he didn't really care for baseball). 

Been lurking for a while on these forums and also follow AngelsWin on Facebook. I'm looking forward to being more involved in discussions!

I've been following the Angels since I was a kid in the 70's. Played basketball into high school and a touch of college but have always been a bigger baseball fan. With a visit to Target Field last August, I've now seen a game at every current ballpark and a number of old stadiums, too. Love the nuances of the game how every pitch is in context to the count, the at-bat, the inning, the game, the season, the history between pitcher and batter, everything. As an Angel fan, I remember every pain the most.

• Being at Game 4 of of the '79 ALCS after a comeback the night before only to see the Orioles put the game away in the middle innings.
  • Working at an office supply store in '82 listening to Games 3 and 4 of that year's ALCS while Milwaukee forced a deciding game, then driving around aimlessly the next day after Carew's one-hopper to short with the tying run at second ended it.
  • Standing by the left field foul pole on that October day in '86 where Dave Henderson created a moment seared into my memory forever. (Also, what was with Rob Wilfong in the bottom of the ninth? Base hit to Dwight Evans in right and Rupert Jones rounding third with the tying run and Wilfong stops at first? That ball was going through like the Pony Express. And if it's cut off it assures the tie. WHY DIDN"T HE TAKE SECOND WHERE THE NEXT HIT WOULD HAVE SENT THE ANGELS TO THEIR FIRST SERIES? Had to live with that for 16 years. But I digress.)
  • August and September of 1995. Life slowly dripping away. My wife was pregnant at the time with my now 17 year old son. Her hormones were bad. Mine were worse.

But then there was 2002. I remember leaving my office at the City Tower in Orange to catch the last inning of the Wild Card clinching game at Texas across the freeway at the National Sports Grill then getting interviewed by a Channel 9 reporter while I stood in line to buy tickets to a meaningless Game 162 against Seattle a couple hours later. I couldn't get World Series tickets initially, then went to the Ticketmaster website about six hours after they "sold out" only to find singles to every game. Nervously bought $2500 worth of tickets on credit with the idea of selling the excess for profit enough to fund my own attendance. The plan worked to perfection. Went to every home playoff game that year except for the middle game against Minnesota. I had immediate Henderson-like visions when Kenny Lofton hit the two-out fly ball to right center in Game 7 which morphed quickly into stunned euphoria a nanosecond later. Stunned. There's a landscape framed photo of that moment in my home office. As it turns out, I had to be within arms reach of the photographer.

Now I constantly try to decouple the importance of a game to the real important things in life. I'll keep working on that one.

I've been reading AngelsWin for several years now but never posted.  Love the new site - great job!  I've been an Angels fan for over 30 years.  My dad and I go to the games together, been season ticket holders for about 10 years now.  Excited to see this new lineup tear it up.  Go Halos!

And this was the last we ever heard from Halogirl.

Hi all the way from Denmark

As a new baseball fan I have, over the last week read a lot about the different teams, I am not too concerned about the team win or lose, of course, will we always have Angels win, but for me it's just as much experience, stadium, and fans who made my choice.

In fact, I knew that Angels were my team when I saw the logo, fortunately for me that they have a lot of support and it shows in local fans also by coming to the games.

Hope to get many good talk about everything here.

Greeting a Danish Angels fan.

Funny I was always wondering why there were no posts on the espn boards? Angel fans are over here....frig seems like I was wasting my time checking that board for past 4 or 5 years....one stupid post a week or month. I railed on the espn angel blog.....zero updates for over a month during winter meetings??

Glad you are here....oh don't get me started on this frigging team:). Jk.i see some life and might make 500 by break....hopefully 6 or 7 out.

• 3 weeks later...

Rangers fan here and not to ruffle feathers. You guys have a passionate fan base and love reading the all the posts. I truly feel as if your management rivals only that of my beloved Cowboys so I share the same frustrations during the fall. Hope you guys get everything in order and we are able to keep ours going up rather than back. Its a lot of fun when we are both relevant even though your relevance has been more than ours. Forgive the real Texas fans for trolls that come here to do just that as we are not all asses. As a fan of baseball love to see Trout, Trumbo, Weaver, and even the Soc. Absolutely love CJ and Hambone but that's to be expected. Hang in there guys as a Cowboys Fan I have learned to love the team In spite of managements horrendous flashy decisions.

I've posted very little, but have been lurking on this website for years.  I became an Angels fan in 1982 when Reggie Jackson came to the Angels (I was born in CT and currently live there and unfortunately was a Yankee fan for the first 11 years of my life).  Regardless of where the Angels are in the standing they are the team I love and try to watch every game.  I have only been able to visit Angels stadium in 1988, but fortunately am coming back to watch a series in a few weeks.  I see that this coincides with the Fanfest and hopefully you guys would welcome a seldom poster and long time lurker to the fanfest on the 17th.  I will actually be at the Angels game at Yankee stadium on the 12th and at Angels stadium on the 16th,17th and 18th.

As an Englishman I never really got into the whole Baseball thing, moved out to Las Vegas 8 Years ago and started following the Halos about four years ago..... been to 4 games now and we won them all (the win against Tampa last season and just been down for the first three games of the Toronto series but had to drive back up to Vegas early morning Sunday so i missed that game.... )

Watch regular on FSW and i'm seriously hooked and already looking forward to my next trip down to watch my team play!

My name is John 40 years old Angel fan since 1982, season ticket holder since 1995. Twitter name same as Angels Win name. Went to first event with Angels Win in Tempe 2013 enjoyed being with other die-hard fans and met some great people and look forward to more fun with Angels Win. I love baseball and the Angels it's in my blood like most people here. I saw every 2002 home game in person from the pre-season Dodger series to Game 7 of the World Series while I'll see most games in person in Anaheim that hasn't happened since and will probably never happen again. Go Halos