• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

AngelsWin.com

See what I'm saying? In my defense that originally read "knows their sh*t." I changed it to be more family friendly and tried to adjust it word by word rather than outright delete and re-write it. The approach was flawed.

You probably don't want to try to correct all the spelling mistakes on the Poli board, though. That would be like a full time job.

Plus, we have an a**hole cop for that.

Oh hi, I'm Jim

New name on the new forum.  Was known before as Napacious44...cuz of my love for Mike.  Nowadays that's hard to find for him since he is now a member of the hated Red Sox.  First Angel's game was in 1971.  My dad took me to Alex Johnson give away bat night.  Pretty much got hook on the Halos and have been a fan of our team for quite awhile.  Favorite all time players are Bobby Grich and Tim Salmon.  One the the best games I have attended in the years I have been a fan was the come from behind game vs the Tigers when Schofield hit the grand slam in the bottom of the 9th.  That inning was insane.  I remember clearly that no one in my family left with a voice we were screaming so much.  Plus the stadium didn't empty very quick either...people were stopping one another saying 'can you believe this'.  Quite the game.  Of course the best game happened on Oct.28, 2002 and I was crying the whole 9th inning...of course they were happy tears.

Totally looking forward to our season this year. 

GO ANGELS!!!

JoAnne

New name on the new forum. Was known before as Napacious44...cuz of my love for Mike. Nowadays that's hard to find for him since he is now a member of the hated Red Sox. First Angel's game was in 1971. My dad took me to Alex Johnson give away bat night. Pretty much got hook on the Halos and have been a fan of our team for quite awhile. Favorite all time players are Bobby Grich and Tim Salmon. One the the best games I have attended in the years I have been a fan was the come from behind game vs the Tigers when Schofield hit the grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. That inning was insane. I remember clearly that no one in my family left with a voice we were screaming so much. Plus the stadium didn't empty very quick either...people were stopping one another saying 'can you believe this'. Quite the game. Of course the best game happened on Oct.28, 2002 and I was crying the whole 9th inning...of course they were happy tears.

GO ANGELS!!!

JoAnne

Welcome back JoAnne!!

I'm new-ish to the board. I've posted here and there, but not to the extent that some of you gristled vets have. My name is Mike (duh), I blog and podcast for LA Angels Insider, I live in parts unknown (AKA Central PA), and I have the same affliction as the rest of you (For eight months out of the year I breathe baseball). Hopefully I stop lurking  and post more, but if I'm not here you can find me on Twitter at @mike_hllywa. 

Let's get snarky. 

I'm new-ish to the board. I've posted here and there, but not to the extent that some of you gristled vets have. My name is Mike (duh), I blog and podcast for LA Angels Insider, I live in parts unknown (AKA Central PA), and I have the same affliction as the rest of you (For eight months out of the year I breathe baseball). Hopefully I stop lurking  and post more, but if I'm not here you can find me on Twitter at @mike_hllywa. 

Let's get snarky. 

Welcome Mike and yes, post more often! 

New name on the new forum.  Was known before as Napacious44...cuz of my love for Mike.  Nowadays that's hard to find for him since he is now a member of the hated Red Sox.  First Angel's game was in 1971.  My dad took me to Alex Johnson give away bat night.  Pretty much got hook on the Halos and have been a fan of our team for quite awhile.  Favorite all time players are Bobby Grich and Tim Salmon.  One the the best games I have attended in the years I have been a fan was the come from behind game vs the Tigers when Schofield hit the grand slam in the bottom of the 9th.  That inning was insane.  I remember clearly that no one in my family left with a voice we were screaming so much.  Plus the stadium didn't empty very quick either...people were stopping one another saying 'can you believe this'.  Quite the game.  Of course the best game happened on Oct.28, 2002 and I was crying the whole 9th inning...of course they were happy tears.

GO ANGELS!!!

JoAnne

Great stories JoAnne.

I was also at that game with the Alex Johnson bat giveaway. Back then they gave a way full sized bats. Wish I still had mine instead of using it and I have no idea where it ended up.

Let's get snarky. 

Hey there Mike...I follow you on the Twitter! Great seeing you here!

Libby here. Thanks Brian and Chuck for recruiting me. I'm hooked. Hope you guys got to Oregano's, enjoyed your stay and saw some awesome ball. Oh yeah, and got your Kilt Lifter fix!

Libby, we didn't get a chance to make it out to Oregano's, but we will definitely make it out there next time.

What a pleasure it was to meet you & your dad and talk baseball with you both. 

Hope to see you contribute to the discussions on the forum here and see you again at our events throughout the season. 

I think this is the 3rd time introducing myself to Angelswin... I absolutely love the site when I check in, but (I know this won't be popular), but I wish the world would just agree to use Facebook for everything so we don't have to check 27 different sites to socialize. Ok, that's not the REAL reason that I haven't posted much. The truth is, after Mathis was traded, I just haven't been able to wipe away the tears long enough to post something. Devastated by the loss of that stick. Time has healed me. I'm recovered from that heartbreak. However, if V-dub gets traded, I might just disappear again.

Anyways, a little about me... again:

- Lifelong Halos fan. I've been to nearly every Angels playoff game since '86 (with the exception of AK's 3HR game in the ALCS in '02).

- Season ticket holder for a few years, but now usually just go when I get hooked up with freebies from subcontractors - which is quite often, thankfully.

- Rod Carew is my all-time favorite Halo, with King Fish coming in as a close 2nd. 

- I live down the street from the Epicenter, so before the Doyers took over and ruined my joy, I was spoiled to watch studs like Trout, Howie, Trumbo, Weave, Bourjos play often. None of them were nearly as impressive as Dallas McPherson or B-Wood. How'd that work out?

- Attended AWFanfest13 and will definitely be back next year.

Hey everyone!

New to the forum, haven't been on a forum in years but I missed talking baseball. Huge Angels fan located in Las Vegas, NV. Looking forward to chatting during the season and meeting some great fellow fans.

Also on Twitter: @Greenbaumer

-Adam

Welcome to AngelsWin.com Adam! 

Let us know if need help with anything along the way. 

Go Angels!