• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Butcher's behavior inexcusable

Yes, he deserved getting dressed down by the pitching coach for acting like a teenager in a dugout full of men trying to win a professional baseball game. No blows were exchanged, just words. Well within reason.

the voice of reason!

how about some statistics on the overall useless performance of our pitching coach?

and some stats on how butchy boy's charging blanton looked to a satellite viewing audience?

pretty wacky take shell

workplace violence is probably over the top.

as bad as i am, my emotional response when i saw butchy go after blanton was had i been in blanton's shoes butchy would have been eating his teeth.

guess im just tired of butchy's act.

the event that i saw on tv was blanton attempting to throw water coolers around (which he did a weak job of). then butcher coming at blanton and butcher then being restrained by kendrick and aybar.

butcher totally lost control of himself.

So Blanton is off the hook in your eyes because all he did was toss around some coolers with his teammates present? You're not seeing the whole picture here.

the voice of reason!

how about some statistics on the overall useless performance of our pitching coach?

and some stats on how butchy boy's charging blanton looked to a satellite viewing audience?

Blanton 2-12

ERA over 5

Given up 23 homers already

Couldn't finish 5 innings against the mighty mariners

Yep, definitely butchers fault.

workplace violence is probably over the top.

as bad as i am, my emotional response when i saw butchy go after blanton was had i been in blanton's shoes butchy would have been eating his teeth.

guess im just tired of butchy's act.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Not sure a video would help, I was watching the game live and I don't know what happened.  Blanton came back to the dugout after giving up a home run in the inning and took his frustrations out on a water cooler.  Next thing you know Butcher is unhinged and it looked to me as if he was telling Blanton to get out of the dugout.  Butcher was extremely pissed though and people were restraining him.  Blanton walked out of the dugout into the tunnel.  Then things calmed down and Blanton came back out to pitch the next inning.

For the non-video see'ers, it just shows Blanton walking pissed then pushing the water cooler a couple times against the wall (which in itself is hilarious, but then throw in his 1998 bro look with the spiky hair and disgusting chin pubes) and then it kind of does a cut screen and seems to skip to where Howie is holding back Butcher and Butcher is talking to Howie in a way of explaining what he's doing or what needs to be said while Blanton backs up.

Video does nothing but make you laugh.

shellback's definition of baseball workplace violence = an adult pitcher acting like a teenager on TV.  He must also have poor vision since he couldn't find his way back to the locker room before he pitched his little fit, and where he could have dealt with his frustrations a little more maturely. 

If Blanton were a poster on this board, he would just pass it off as "venting."

Doesn't the fans want their coaches to light a fire under their players when they are underperforming? They should just make up some injury excuse for Blanton and let him go to the minors for a rehab assignment

Totally reminds me of the fire Sosh threads because he was apathetic or "couldn't light a fire under players" yet this thread comes about when it does happen.

I'm getting piecemeal what happened. Can someone describe exactly what happened from the beginning? The Instagram only showed me a picture.

Butcher said Blanton, you pitch about as well as I jump over railings. Blanton then went ballistic.

If Butcher went after Blanton for simply trashing the coolers, then Butcher was absolutely in the wrong.  I'm pretty sure it's a well known unwritten rule for everyone in the dugout to look the other way unless he starts throwing things onto the field or directing his frustrations towards others, which Blanton didn't appear to do either of.  Did Blanton say something to Butcher?  Maybe, but we'll never know unless they wish to discuss it to the media.  Until then, Butcher will look like he went after Blanton for smashing coolers in the dugout, and that doesn't reflect well on Scioscia.  It makes it look like he's losing control of his team.