• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No no no no no no no no.

Just curious as to why you're totally opposed to it?  I've seen (been subjected to) worse movies that were purely splatter-gore with no worthwhile story (original "Last House on the Left" is the most obvious example.

I won't rush out to see it, but it already reminds me of a gorier version of "Taken."  I also like some of Spikes stuff.  In spite of a lot of in-your-face reverse-racism, his movies are made well and often thought-provoking.  

Just curious as to why you're totally opposed to it?  I've seen (been subjected to) worse movies that were purely splatter-gore with no worthwhile story (original "Last House on the Left" is the most obvious example.

I won't rush out to see it, but it already reminds me of a gorier version of "Taken."  I also like some of Spikes stuff.  In spite of a lot of in-your-face reverse-racism, his movies are made well and often thought-provoking.  

The original version is absolutely spectacular. If you haven't seen it, check it out. There's a dubbed version streaming on Netflix, but the English kills it for me. This looks like they try to up the ante for no worthwhile gain.

I actually really do like most Spike Lee stuff, and I'm fine with some of his more mainstream stuff. I loved "Inside Man", for example. He's just not right for this.

It looks like they were incredibly faithful to the original film and won't deviate from anything to clean it up for American audiences, it just looks like it's not executed al that well.

...and Adam is dead right. It's always weird to recommend that somebody watch the original if they haven't on the basis that it's a great movie that I like a lot.

Americans are good at fu€king up Asian cinema

Yes, 'tis true. I will say that I think "The Departed" is better than "Infernal Affairs", but I say that on acting alone and nothing more since they are more or less identical films save for the very end, which is rather inconsequential.

A few things I was pondering right now about this with spoilers included cause I'm so mad at a remake i DGAF.

1) why would you want to watch this Oldboy when you can just watch the original Oldboy.

2) The original probably wouldn't be allowed to be in American cinema which means this one is going to be terrible.

3) How is Spike Lee going to pull off Josh Brolin fu€king his daughter to American audiences?