• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Candidate: Howie Kendrick?

I don't want to see Kendrick traded, but if it is going to happen, please no player 30 or older, and no player in the final year of his contract, in return. 

I also don't understand why people are so anxious to trade Bourjos, when he is a key piece of the best outfield we can put on the field.

The only reason the Albert Pujols and Nightmare Child are untouchable is because no team would trade for them without the Angels eating at least 1/2 of their remaining salary. Great job Arte!!!

Agreed.  If I could move one or both of them I would but that's not gonna happen.

my first response: i had no idea utley was so cheap.

whats the deal there?

He's in the last year of his contract (which was $15 million for the year) and the year is half over so he's at about $7.5 for the rest of the season.

It will be interesting to see what the Phillies do with him. He's a hometown favorite and they may get all sentimental and extend him. The A's bringing up Grant Green makes me think the asking price was to high for Utley.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd bump this since Kendrick seems to be a possible trade target.

Although I doubt we have enough to get him, Dylan Bundy might actually be in play with the Orioles since he won't be back from TMJ surger until the middle of next season and the Orioles appear to be going all in now.

That package would have to include Kendrick and Vargas at the minimum and would probably require another MLB player (maybe Iannetta to back up Wieters?) or 1-2 prospects to have a chance of happening (still low). Bundy would be a tremendous acquistion if he really is available. The Angels match up decently well with the O's.

Although I doubt we have enough to get him, Dylan Bundy might actually be in play with the Orioles since he won't be back from TMJ surger until the middle of next season and the Orioles appear to be going all in now.

That package would have to include Kendrick and Vargas at the minimum and would probably require another MLB player (maybe Iannetta to back up Wieters?) or 1-2 prospects to have a chance of happening (still low). Bundy would be a tremendous acquistion if he really is available. The Angels match up decently well with the O's.

Dylan Bundy is not worth Vargas and Howie.

Dylan Bundy is not worth Vargas and Howie.

First of all I don't think you appreciate how much value Kendrick does have right now. Secondly I admit that it would require more than just those two (read my post again). Third I further admit that the O's may not be desperate enough to win this season to part with a great pitching prospect who won't be able to help them until the middle of the 2014 season. Finally the O's may not be willing to part with their prize prospect for those said parts because it may not be enough value for them overall (meaning Kendrick, Vargas plus 2-4 more players/prospects).

It is a long shot.

The only reason the Albert Pujols and Nightmare Child are untouchable is because no team would trade for them without the Angels eating at least 1/2 of their remaining salary. Great job Arte!!!

News to me ... good job on figuring that situation out YOT.

I think Dipoto's extensions to Aybar & Kendrick were smart moves. This definitely ups their value in a trade and for the right player (SP/under club control) you pull the trigger on Howie. I would target a third baseman replacement for Howie and slide Callaspo to second base.

All that for an injured player coming off a TJ surgery and won't be back until the middle of next season??????Wow Bundy must be a future hall of famer!

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Royals are on Howie Kendrick's no-trade list.

Kansas City badly wants to improve at second base and Kendrick would be a nice fit, but it'll take some convincing for that deal to get done. Kendrick can block a trade to 11 other teams, but most of them are unknown. The Angels are also thought to be shopping Erick Aybar.

All that for an injured player coming off a TJ surgery and won't be back until the middle of next season??????Wow Bundy must be a future hall of famer!

Here is one writer's opinion of Bundy: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/baltimore-orioles-top-15-prospects-2012-13/

Sickels (Jan. 15, 2013): 1) Dylan Bundy, RHP, Grade A: Is he the product of genetic experimentation? Bundy has everything you want in a pitching prospect...excellent stuff, good command, superior makeup, great performance. As long as he remains healthy, he should be a legitimate ace.

Dec. 5, 2011: http://baseballprospectnation.com/2011/12/05/scouting-report-dylan-bundy-rhp/

Baseball America (July 5, 2012, #1 rank):

1 Dylan Bundy rhp Orioles Was considered an advanced college arm in high school last year, but that managed to sell him short

May 23, 2012: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/scouting-dylan-bundy/

When (and if, you are right about that) he is healthy he is, without a doubt, a frontline starter which is what the Angels need. Instead of the sly remarks storm why don't you go read a little about him?

I'd sell off Kendrick, Vargas and more in a heartbeat if it brought Bundy over.

Well I thought that Kendrick might be an option to go to Oakland but Billy Beane went a different route which in my mind is probably better since all we had to give up was Callaspo.

Solid acquisition in Grant Green.

Here is one writer's opinion of Bundy: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/baltimore-orioles-top-15-prospects-2012-13/

Sickels (Jan. 15, 2013): 1) Dylan Bundy, RHP, Grade A: Is he the product of genetic experimentation? Bundy has everything you want in a pitching prospect...excellent stuff, good command, superior makeup, great performance. As long as he remains healthy, he should be a legitimate ace.

Dec. 5, 2011: http://baseballprospectnation.com/2011/12/05/scouting-report-dylan-bundy-rhp/

Baseball America (July 5, 2012, #1 rank):

1 Dylan Bundy rhp Orioles Was considered an advanced college arm in high school last year, but that managed to sell him short

May 23, 2012: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/scouting-dylan-bundy/

When (and if, you are right about that) he is healthy he is, without a doubt, a frontline starter which is what the Angels need. Instead of the sly remarks storm why don't you go read a little about him?

I'd sell off Kendrick, Vargas and more in a heartbeat if it brought Bundy over.

I appreciate the read.  Thanks.  However, I stand by my remark.  I don't care how good he was.  He is still recovering from TJ surgery and won't be available until the middle of next year.  I would consider HK straight up, But to give up several players....on a player on the DL does not make sense to me.