• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question

Anyone of you Angels fans that goes to away games notice that our fan base constantly growing?  I am currently in Chicago and was at the game last night and noticed that there were more Mike Trout jerseys than Cubs jerseys in the crowd.  I am grateful that people want to jump on our bandwagon because that means we're doing something right, but am I bitter to think that these aren't all true fans? Most of these people wouldn't even be able to tell me who Rod Carew, Don Baylor or even Darin Erstad is.  One of my pet peeves is bandwagon fans and Chicago seems to have more "Mike Trout" fans rather than Angels fans.  Am I wrong for feeling bitter about this?

Well, if they're cheering for Trout then they're cheering for the Angels and in Chicago as an Angels fan, that's a good thing. 

Just ride with it. You may be right as far as their Angels' knowledge goes, but don't lump all these guys into the group "bandwagoners." Chicago's a big city.

It is hard for any baseball fan to not like Mike Trout because of who he is and what he brings to the game. He's a likeable guy without a superstar attitude that let's his abilities speak for him. I have a lot of friends that aren't Angel fans that talk a lot about Trout. This org should be thankful that they have him.

Well, if they're cheering for Trout then they're cheering for the Angels and in Chicago as an Angels fan, that's a good thing. 

Just ride with it. You may be right as far as their Angels' knowledge goes, but don't lump all these guys into the group "bandwagoners." Chicago's a big city.

Yeah, and don't forget, many fans leave SoCal to move to Chicagoland because of the Windy City's great climate.

Anyone of you Angels fans that goes to away games notice that our fan base constantly growing?  I am currently in Chicago and was at the game last night and noticed that there were more Mike Trout jerseys than Cubs jerseys in the crowd.  I am grateful that people want to jump on our bandwagon because that means we're doing something right, but am I bitter to think that these aren't all true fans? Most of these people wouldn't even be able to tell me who Rod Carew, Don Baylor or even Darin Erstad is.  One of my pet peeves is bandwagon fans and Chicago seems to have more "Mike Trout" fans rather than Angels fans.  Am I wrong for feeling bitter about this?

How do you know they haven't been fans since like, 1980?

Also who cares? If they are rooting for the team, they are fans. Doesn't matter when or why they started rooting for them.

There's usually a solid number of Angels fans at visiting games.  More at a place like Wrigley because they rarely play there, and it is a place most baseball fans want to visit.  Every time I'm walking around a visiting city during a series, I see Angels fans, especially in places like Chicago, DC, and Philadelphia.  Lots of other things to do in those cities.  Makes for a solid weekend.  I even ran into a couple people I know from this board walking around Denver last year. There were a fair amount of Angels fans there, too.  

I wish I was at Wrigley, but I'm not sure I'd be wearing my Trout jersey.  Probably too hot.  

Anyone rocking a Rene Gonzales shirt or jersey?

The last time I saw Rene Gonzales was in 1998. He was playing first base for the Oklahoma City Redhawks, then the AAA farm club of the Texas Rangers. I went to a Rangers game about two weeks later in Arlington, and after hearing where I had come from a fan asked me about any possible help on the farm at first base. I said "Let me put it this way: The last Redhawks game I went to, Rene Gonzales was playing first base." He groaned.