• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Clergy and Gay Marriage

I guess some of you were right...government mandating how religious institutions have to handle same sex marriage...maybe the lawsuits aren't far behind...

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/indiana-law-makes-it-a-felony-for-same-sex-couples-to-apply-for-a-marriage-license/legislation/2013/07/08/70698

New Indiana Law Makes It A Felony For Same-Sex Couples To Apply For A Marriage License

The new law also makes it a Class B Misdemeanor for a clergyman, judge, mayor, city clerk or town clerk-treasurer to perform a same-sex marriage, punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.  Any clerk who issues a license to a same-sex couple would also be guilty of a Class B Misdemeanor.   

But hey...be careful of the homosexual lobby forcing their beliefs on religious institutions and others...

I thought your biggest concern on the gay marriage issue was the government deciding who a church can and can't marry.

Where's the outrage here?

One has nothing to do with the other, that's why it proves nothing.

Now if red wanted to start a thread about how this is a stupid move by Indiana, I might agree.  However this proves nothing regarding lawsuits toward the church.

Not to be outdone, Rick Perry as his swan song will make the ghey a capital offense.

He has around a year left to leave as many steaming piles laying around as he can.  Your comment is not that far-fetched. When the GOP send him and Bachmann out there in 2016 they will finally have figured out a winning ticket. 

He has around a year left to leave as many steaming piles laying around as he can.  Your comment is not that far-fetched. When the GOP send him and Bachmann out there in 2016 they will finally have figured out a winning ticket. 

No doubt.  I can only imagine the damage Goodhair will do if he isn't concerned with re-election.

You hit the nail on the head. Why is government involved in marriage at all?

just a guess here, but with marriage comes divorce, and with divorce comes all kinds of legal issues: division of property, child custody, etc. There are also issues about inheritances, family visits at hospitals for those who are terminal, joint property rights, and many others. In order to make sure those things are taken care of properly, it involves courts and attorneys, and that involves state gov't.

i get what all of you are saying about the gov't should stay out of marriage, but i think the legal issues involved require that gov't be at least somewhat involved.

i would imagine that some congressional members who are Christians may have a tough time separating personal spiritual beliefs from state issues sometimes, and that can be where there's difficulty about issues that cross a certain line for them, like gay marriage.

just a guess here, but with marriage comes divorce, and with divorce comes all kinds of legal issues: division of property, child custody, etc. There are also issues about inheritances, family visits at hospitals for those who are terminal, joint property rights, and many others. In order to make sure those things are taken care of properly, it involves courts and attorneys, and that involves state gov't.

i get what all of you are saying about the gov't should stay out of marriage, but i think the legal issues involved require that gov't be at least somewhat involved.

i would imagine that some congressional members who are Christians may have a tough time separating personal spiritual beliefs from state issues sometimes, and that can be where there's difficulty about issues that cross a certain line for them, like gay marriage.

In my mind, any grouping of adults should be able to file articles of civil partnership. Obviously there has to be some basic rules governing children and community property not covered in the agreement but most of that has been covered since the Lee Marvin palimony case.

If a person cannot separate personal beliefs from state issues then maybe that person is better suited for the clergy than the congress.

What does India have to do with anything?

j\k red.

Clearly this would be completely unconstitutional.  A church should marry whomever they wish.  The government needs to stay out of the church, completely.

when the church gets out of government i guess right?  it goes both ways.

churches need to forfeit the exempt status or stfu