• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blanton is ugly

As great of a role model as he was, Abbott's 1996 season was pretty bad (2-18 record, ERA of 7.48 being over 2 runs above the league average).

Blanton is a better 2nd half than 1st half pitcher.

Unfortunately, Abbott's 1996 season will be the standard bearer for bad pitching seasons for the franchise for quite a while.

I'll probably get ripped but whatever. 

Blanton hasn't been THAT bad, folks. 31.2 IP, 33 K, 8 BB, 4.26 ERA in his last 5 starts. He has been getting better. Seems to have a stretch of 3 or so QSs followed by one blowup. Granted, his H/9 are skyrocketing from his career norm, but he hasn't been given the best support defensively or offensively for that matter.

Now I'm not saying signing him was a good move. I was extremely pissed off when we signed him and I still am, but hes not the reason for our season being in the shitter. 

Blanton hasn't been THAT bad, folks. 31.2 IP, 33 K, 8 BB, 4.26 ERA in his last 5 starts. He has been getting better. Seems to have a stretch of 3 or so QSs followed by one blowup. Granted, his H/9 are skyrocketing from his career norm, but he hasn't been given the best support defensively or offensively for that matter.

Now I'm not saying signing him was a good move. I was extremely pissed off when we signed him and I still am, but hes not the reason for our season being in the shitter. 

If you combine his horrendous starts with his ok starts, then it all kind of averages out to shitty.

5.40 ERA, 1.52 WHIP

Batters have a line of .312/.346/.534; 22 HR (ranks 1st), .880 OPS (ranks 2nd), BA .312 (ranks 3rd)

Yes, he's been THAT bad.  I'm just surprised there's a pitcher or two that rank slightly worse in OPS and BA.

horrible.

and to credit angelswin.com most posters here, every single one, said so when the Halos signed him and over-paid him for 2013.

this is no Monday morning quarterbacking by the good folks (posters) on this site.

so true I don't get how all of us non GMs could so clearly see this was a terrible signing - I usually am overly optimistic hell I even LIKED and was happy when we got Vernon Wells - but even I realized the Blanton deal was freaking awful the moment it happened before he ever threw a pitch