• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

F*** Delta & F*** Flying

I already hate flying and this trip is the worst yet.

Had a red eye for myself my wife and my daughter leaving LAX at 1 AM and arriving in Milwaukee at 8:15AM with a 1 hour layover in Minneapolis.  We have a meeting at 12PM in Milwaukee so we had to go with the red eye because of obligations we had today.

At 7:30 I got a notification that my flight from LAX is delayed until 2:20 which of course means I will miss my connecting flight to WI.  After nearly an hour on hold the best they can do for me is get me in Milwaukee at 11:40AM with a three hour layover in Minneapolis.  On top of that they cannot put us together on the flight so we are all three in different rows.  After another half hour on hold waiting for a supervisor I finally got them to put my wife and daughter together.  My daughter is 5, she can't sit on her own.

I told them we are going to be late for the meeting and since it is in Milwaukee it is too late to call and we will be on a plane the entire morning so we can't even reliably contact the people we are meeting to tell them we will be late.  They won't even refund bag fees or anything.

It is amazing that these airlines are still in business.  I have never paid thousands of dollars for something and gotten such pathetic service like I do every time I fly.  I told them we are going to be late for the meeting and since it is in Milwaukee it is too late to call and we will be on a plane the entire morning so we can't even reliably contact the people we are meeting to tell them we will be late.  They won't even refund bag fees or anything.

/end rant

I've learned that unless you can prevent it, having a connecting flight sucks.  I was suck in Philladelphia for 8 hours once because of weather.  It was sunny and 70 degrees in Philly.  But there was a storm in Viginia that grounded all the planes.  I needed to go to Vermont, but since that particular plane was coming from Virginia, I was delayed instead of finding a plane that was stuck in Philly because it couldn't go to Virginia.  

While I hate Herdwest, they have a direct flight to Milwaulkee.  I would have taken that one.

I had a 1 hour layover in Vegas a few weeks ago on the way to Buffalo, but the plane in SD ended up leaving an hour late because they counted 140 people on the plane and 141 people had checked in. It took them an hour to figure out that they had someone volunteer up their seat when they announced that the plane was overbooked. I barely got my connector because we made it in 55 mins instead of 75

One reason I mainly stick with Southwest when I fly domestic. They have nonstops to virtually everywhere from Las Vegas, including my home town of Jacksonville. No baggage fees, no "gotcha" at the curb. There are drawbacks to be sure, but I avoid a lot of aggravation and a lot of hidden costs.

Next time try Midwest Express. I think Milwaukee is one of their hubs.

All seats are first class and thy bake chocolate chip cookies mid-flight. By far our favorite airline.

Midwest Express is no longer around.  They were absorbed into Frontier and Frontier decided to stop with the cookies to save money.

Did you make it to your meeting?

Yeah, got it rescheduled to 3:30.

Finally going to bed at 9:30... woohoo!

To make things worse, a huge ass thunderstorm came through right when we got in the rental car.  Drove out here with almost no visibility from the heavy rain/wind.  Lots of lightning though, that was cool.