• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton's hitting streak

Josh Hamilton now has a 12-game hit streak in which he's hitting .372/.462/.605.

Slump over? God, I hope so. The good news is that it could be that it was truly just that - slump, not a massive decline. Of course even if he hits around or slightly better than his career norms for the rest of the year - say, .300/.370/.540 - his year-end numbers will still be rather poor for him, maybe .260/.320/.470 with 25 HR. But I'll take it.

It seems like it could be a legit turnaround rather than a fluke, because he isn't just making contact with pitches he was whiffing at before, he's showing considerably more discipline.  7 walks in his last 52 PA's, and noticeably more selective in what he's swinging at.  

We've won 10 of 12 with Hamilton and Trout carrying the offense while Pujols and Trumbo slump horribly.  Imagine if somehow they all start hitting at once.  

Josh Hamilton now has a 12-game hit streak in which he's hitting .372/.462/.605.

Slump over? God, I hope so. The good news is that it could be that it was truly just that - slump, not a massive decline. Of course even if he hits around or slightly better than his career norms for the rest of the year - say, .300/.370/.540 - his year-end numbers will still be rather poor for him, maybe .260/.320/.470 with 25 HR. But I'll take it.

These are the kinds of numbers I was expecting from him going into the year. A lot better than the Mathis line with ~12 HRs he was on pace for

I scoffed at the notion of a decline. Who knows what is going through a players head moving to a new team. He was too bad for it to be a decline, it was a straight drop off.

Looks like he has made whatever adjustments he has needed to make.

It's been a complete turnaround because of his approach. He's taking more walks now which means pitchers have to attack him now. 

You could see that on the walk off home run he had. First pitch was a hanger and he jumped all over it. 2 weeks ago, that first pitch is in the dirt and he's swinging at it.